Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Keystone RVs East vs West

Not seen anything on this but have observed some things in the last couple of weeks in my quest for a new trailer.

I've looked at tons of trailers, primarily Cougar and Montana HC (from Keystone W TX), and they have always had cable slides which I have mixed emotions about. The concept it great, they work great but need a solid bottom on the slide; not Darco. Never thought about looking for an RV on the E coast but saw some pretty enticing pricing so decided to look.

We discuss a particular RV on the forum all the time. I never knew that one built in the east could be appreciably different from the west - wrong. First the empty weight of the east unit (331rl) was approx. 600 lbs. less than W. To me the most important was that the Cougar 315rls and the Montana HC 331rl both had rollers on the bedroom slide, a ram on one superslide and cables on the other. Thought they had updated for 2020.....nope, west has cables on all slides...always have. East ones just have a bedroom with a note mentioning the location of a TV in the bedroom; W has a box for the TV whether you get one or not. Probably more but as we discuss our RVs, talking about specific units, it's probably pertinent to note that what you have in the same model may not be what "they" have in the same thing. Kind of eye opening. The sales guy in Lake City told me (used to work the shows), no, lots of differences. Went back and brought me back a brochure on the Cougar line....huge letters on it specifying EAST. Something to think about.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone