Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
Equineknitter

Gateway WiFi Router once again

I've read all of the threads I can find about this issue and I still can't wrap my head around installation of this router into the pre-cut hole in the ceiling of my Outback. Inside the hole, behind the plastic plate are the coaxle cable which I assume goes to the TV and the three small wires (green, red and yellow) masking taped around the coaxle. No power supply (described in the Router installation instructions). Supposedly a plug and play device, the alternate instructions are to create my own power supply. Fishing inside the hole, I come up with a long piece, tied in a loop, of the green and white 12V power wire. According to the wiring specs (Keystone) this is the power source for the interior lights.
I'm really not trying to sound ignorant, but I'm not an electrician and can't "make my own power cord/supply". We have a mobile RV repairman here and he can't make head nor tales of it either.
I guess I'll have to return the router and forget the entire thing if we can't figure this out.
Another little piece of misinformation from the dealer. Plug and play. Right.
Equineknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
falconetti

the green,white/white looped wire is your 12v power supply. Green/white is 12v + the solid white is your -. tap into them with wire taps you can get at home depot or cut them and use provided wire nuts.

hook up your red, yellow, green first before you plug into power. its that easy and you're done.
falconetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:49 AM   #3
Equineknitter

Thumbs up Winegard

Thanks so much! You just made it clear enough that I'm willing to try it. I appreciate the infomation!
Equineknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
jxnbbl

I posted this in another thread about installing this...(wire color diagram)

which would be useful

https://www.keystonerv.com/media/914...eystone-rv.pdf
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi