Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #1
JBM3M

bizarre not important issue

How to explain, so bizarre. Last time I used the heater it was with the genset running and not only did the AC fan come on, but it didn't go off when the heater reached temp. (had to shut off the thermostat
to make it stop)

This morning it was chilly and where we are, not cool to start generator that early, so the AC fan did not come on and the heater shutdown was normal. Left it turned on while on 12V. When I started up the genset the AC fan came on again, but not the heater or it's fan.

It is a Dometic AC and an Attwood heater unit. I don't have 50 amp shore power at home...yet, I need about 25 ft more extension. I had to turn off the heater to get the AC fan to stop. The heater never needed to come back on and it did not come back on.

I do have an Easy-Start on both the Dometic and an add on Attwood unit. only the Dometic has this issue but the AC units are not tied together. Can tolerate this until I need to have the heat on all night.

2018 Cougar 1/2 ton 28sgs,
2023 F350 SD, Crew, long bed, gooseneck puck, 5th (B&W Companion), and Class V bumper hitch. 6.7 PowerStroke.
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
JBM3M

At this point I cannot check it on a shore line 50 amp to see if that is the issue. This was never noticed until we started using the 90 amp genset with 50 amp outlet. Prior to this it has only seen 30 amp service

2023 F350 SD, Crew, long bed, gooseneck puck, 5th (B&W Companion), and Class V bumper hitch. 6.7 PowerStroke.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #3
jsb5717

The AC will only function when connected to shore/Genny power...basically 120v connection. The furnace works on 12v. So they each operate from different power sources. When you're connected to 120v power and turn on the Tstat is your fan set to High, Low, or Auto? If it's on anything but Auto it will run all the time. If it's set to Auto then the fan shouldn't run when you turn on the furnace.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:38 PM   #4
JBM3M

I will remember that.....auto.....I don't remember it being set on auto. Thanks