Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
linebiker

Camp Desoto FL

Camp Desoto is south of St Petersburg on a island strip, a county ran park, very well maintained, friendly uniformed employees. There were not many pull through spots, and really just a few easy to get in with long rigs. Most sites have a water front view of the bay or a channel. Level, plam trees all around, seemed like a tropical paradise to me! No swimming at campground but very nice beaches very close. Paved bike and running paths at campground entrance.

Camp Desoto and Fort Desoto have a good website. No refunds for cancellations, but you can reschedule within a year (think their may some restrictions apply)

fortdesoto.com

08 Raptor 299
06 Dodge 3500 Cummins Lone Star
B&W Companion 5th
linebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Hi,
I have never heard of Camp Desoto, but I have been to Fort Desoto a few times.

One side of park allows no pets and has smaller sites, the other side of the
park allows pets and has larger sites.

The county web site for the park allows you to view the actual site you are booking. I believe county residents can book up to six months out but out of county residents have to wait up to nine months out. This usually means most
of the good sites are gone by the time I can get through.

But if you can get in this park it is fabulous. The beaches are the most beautiful I've seen in Florida. There is a Fort to tour and there is a dog
beach also for the poochies! Just a wonderful place!

Jody
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Fort DeSoto Park

I would agree Fort De Soto Park is a wonderful place. I think it may be the best CG I have ever stayed in, our site was on mullet bay so we could just slide the kayak in and go. It was our first trip in our new TH and the first time I have been in Fla. Even though it was cold we hand a great time and are looking forward to an extended stay next winter. Please be careful not to tell to may people we don't want to ruin a great place.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote