Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
Ellen

Kitchen Drawer Failure

Imagine my surprise and questionable language when neither of my large kitchen storage drawers would open. Turns out the bottom of the upper drawer fell out into the bottom drawer. The only way to deal with this was going under the sink and removing the thin plywood sheet that separated the two areas. They can’t make a drawer that stays together but they sure can glue and screw that little bit of wood into place. What a mess. Drawer has been glued and more substantially fastened together. It really bugs me that the workshop almost everywhere is so shoddy. It doesn’t take much to do something right. The whole interior of the trailer seems to be put together with miniature staples.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:01 AM   #2
Gkri

Great job. RV owners need to be a handy bunch. I wanted to remove the shelf under microwave but it must have 200+ mini-staples. Seriously???
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkri View Post
Great job. RV owners need to be a handy bunch. I wanted to remove the shelf under microwave but it must have 200+ mini-staples. Seriously???
Typically when they staple stuff together about 1 in every 50 actually hit the wood behind so that means there's really only about 4 staples holding that shelf up.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
Gkri

oh, now i feel sooo much better..
By the way, have you all tried the pool noodle hack to hold microwave turntable in place? Works great!
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkri View Post
oh, now i feel sooo much better..
By the way, have you all tried the pool noodle hack to hold microwave turntable in place? Works great!
Some use that, some put bread in there, some use a pillow. If you break that glass turntable it's cheaper to replace the microwave. DW and I don't put anything in there and never have a problem. When we went on our maiden voyage the microwave got stupid. It would just start up on it's own like it was possessed. The dealer said stop on the way home and they would swap it out which they did. I said if it ever gave us another problem I would replace it with a microwave/convection unit. So of course, 9 years later the damned thing still works!
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Spend some time in the shop with me, you’ll be amazed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote