Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
livefreeordie

keyless entry on Alpine

My new Alpine 3500RE has a keypad entry which is going haywire ! Dealer was supposed to fix but says take battery out and bring them keypad. trouble is even with keypad off and battery out it STILL cycles the lock ! So it locks when I step outside sometimes and unlocks sometimes during night ! Anybody know about this ?
livefreeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
geo

I have a different type of remote on our Alpine, so this is just guessing.

Have you removed the keypad and placed it a distance away from the door area? Does the door lock still behave strangely? If it does, might not be the keypad. If the RF is not communicating, and the door has a mind of its own, might be a short in the door lock mechanism or maybe a bad control board in the receiving unit near the door.

Just a thought and guess.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
mikell

Neighbor playng tricks?? we have the key fob and it works great.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
rbjsaylo

Wireless Key Pad has never worked

We have a new 2011 3500 RE also and our keypad has never worked for us since we bought it. Our dealer has tried numerous times to fix this. Unfortunately we won't be able to tell for sure until we pick it up from storage in the spring, but they informed that they have it fixed now. I know from speaking with them, they replaced a couple of batteries, changed the door lock, and actually put a new key pad on. I asked them to contact Keystone to make arrangments to upgrade if they couldn't fix this on the last attempt. The dealer told us they were having trouble with a lot of them. Not sure if this helps you or not.
MorRyde King Pin
rbjsaylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
geo

Like Mikell, my model has the fob, and I have had no problems. I hope you can get this fixed quickly, but in the mean time, may I offer a suggestion? If you would like to keep the "Welcome Home" lights on, but disable the electrical keypad-driven door lock: Open the door and look near the bottom of the hinge-side jamb. You will probably see two spring loaded button electrical contacts. Put a strip of electrical tape over the plate contacts on the door to isolate the door lock mechanism. True, the keypad really won't work now, but the door won't unlock in the middle of the night either!

Just a suggestion.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote