Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Ayotte

Need your Help-manual slide operation on cougar 26sab

Have a Cougar X-lite 26sab and have always closed the bedroom door before closing the wardrobe slide. Sould I be doing this or should I be leaving the door open. If the slide does not operate, how do I manually open it if I can't get into the bedroom. I think that the manual opener is on the top of the slide inside the camper. Thanks.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Ayotte

Does anyone out there have a wardrobe slide with the bedroom door beside it? What do you do?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

I don't have that model but, I would leave the door open any way. In case I needed anything else from the room.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Outbackmel

Wardrobe slide

We have the 2011 Outback 329FBH that has the master in the back. Most of the time we close the door; 100% if traveling. I have not looked for the manual operation, however, I will be "shocked" if it's not accessible from outside. With the door open, it takes every "inch" to put that slide room in.
Our door is 80% tinted; design; non see through glass. I close ALL doors when moving. Those hinges and frames do not appear "home" quality.

Even though we are on a flat site while in the GA mountain home base; I run the slides in every few weeks in the summer and every trip in the fall and winter.

Before our trip as snowbirds this winter to AZ from GA, I'll be locating ALL manual operation options B4 we hit the road.

That's my 2 cents....choices; choices; choices
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #5
Ayotte

I'm sure mine is not accesable from outside and when I have the door closed you can only open it about 6 inches-it hits the end of the slide. Will have to check with my dealership on what to do. I know they had it closed when we picked the camper up and we forgot to ask about manually operating the slides and it does not say in any of the bookes we got. Thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Ayotte

Can anyone give me instructions on how to open and close the wardrobe slide manually. I know that the main slide you have to take a closure off underneath and use a ratchet but the wardrobe I have no idea what you do.