Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #21
Pull Toy

Even though the love of my life and I both have reached full SS retirement age, we still work full time. She's the Resident Care Supervisor / Med. Technician, for a family owned "High End" Retirement Assisted Living Facility. I work for Frontier Communications (formerly AT&T, Connecticut) as a Senior Network Electronics Technician / Central Office. "We make dial tone happen, and go beyond the call"! Due to our combined "longevity/seniority"... we manage to pack in about 5 weeks a year, plus long weekends and holidays of serious glamping! Every one of our grandkids know how to cook a FULL BREAKFAST "camping style"! If you've never seen a six course breakfast, track us down!

When we're not camping, we keep busy with 6 grand kids, ages from 19 to 5, (three of each). We sold the Goldwing about three years ago, and never looked back. Loved riding, but TOO many crazies out there! We recently, proudly, became a BLUE STAR FAMILY when John, our oldest became a US Army inductee! We also keep busy with photography, our dogs / hiking, good food, and HONEY DO LISTS! LOL.

Iin addition to my US Navy service, I spent 15 years with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, doing search and rescue, emergency radio monitoring, and boating safety and trailer training for recreational boaters, as well as 10 years as a Fire Police Captain / EMT with our Volunteer Fire Department.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
We just started camping 3 years ago and love the challenges it brings. When the season ends, we visit the Grands a lot. I still work and love my job, so I guess I've not worked for 11 years now. Recently we've started looking for property in Branson to retire on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Unless you just really want to be in Branson look outside the city. We have been thinking about doing the same thing. Our concerns are with the medical care if you get too far away from Branson. We love the area; Branson, Table Rock, Bull Shoals, N AR but there sure isn't much up there so keep that in mind.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #23
bschmuhl

I'm a Career Firefighter/EMT in Michigan when my wife and I are not out camping.
bschmuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #24
Berg570FE

I am a project manager for a Seattle based company, and my wife is the Finance Director for a city. Im 40, shes 32, no kids and no plans on having any.

We ride dirt bikes, Adventure bikes, snowmobiles, Downhill MTB's and my wife competes in Cowboy Mounted Shooting with her horses.

Aside from snowmobiling season, we camp a lot here in Washington from May-October. We head down to Moab, Idaho, and rode Colorado and New Mexico this summer. Her horse events are all over the west as well. Just about to upgrade to a new Raptor, I think!

Hope to travel back east this year. I would like to see some Civil War sites.

2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crewcab SRW
Berg570FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #25
earlzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg570FE View Post
I am a project manager for a Seattle based company, and my wife is the Finance Director for a city. Im 40, shes 32, no kids and no plans on having any.

We ride dirt bikes, Adventure bikes, snowmobiles, Downhill MTB's and my wife competes in Cowboy Mounted Shooting with her horses.

Aside from snowmobiling season, we camp a lot here in Washington from May-October. We head down to Moab, Idaho, and rode Colorado and New Mexico this summer. Her horse events are all over the west as well. Just about to upgrade to a new Raptor, I think!

Gettysburg is awesome

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #26
captcolour

Work full time as the global color technology manager for a major plastic resin company. Will retire in a few years. When not camping, like working on the 41 acres at home, or in the garage with my 1970 Plymouth 'cuda and 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. Also play electric bass.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg570FE View Post

Don't miss Vicksburg, MS. We go through there every year and looking at the battlegrounds thinking of all the boys fighting for their "point" always leaves me very introspective. My family was in TN and fought in these battles; it kind of sets on you.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #28
IRV2

I'm an office manager for a heavy civil construction company, currently finishing a bridge in Northern California on I-5. Will be a scheduler on the next project in Beverly Hills in a couple months. My DW is a passionate preschool teacher and has been for almost 20 years. Our daughter is graduating 8th grade and they will join me in the Los Angles area when school is finished. We will start our new life there for about 8 years!

2018 Keystone Laredo 298RL
2003 Keystone Laredo 27RL
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW
IRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:34 AM   #29
Dave W

We are both retired - my line of work was Project Management - designing and building large gas and steam (STAG) turbine power plants almost all outside the US. My DW was the HR manager for a company that builds, high level bathroom equipment, mostly for handicapped - grab bars, stalls and seats. Hobbies are/were skiing street rods and RVing(45 years). Unfortunately the skiing went by the wayside - my knees and her back. The street rod is always rarin' to go and the RVing - that to is always read with an average of 80+ nights a year. Her hobbies are 'home making and our two poodlepups. I have two work shops - one wood and general and the auto so we do stay busy. Then there are the grown kids and GCs ........
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #30
Tinner12002

I'm a retired Sheet Metal worker out of Local 20 in Indy. Worked the trade for 36yrs working in the commercial side of the HVAC industry, building, designing and installing duct systems in schools, factories and hospitals. Then in the later part of my career I went into the Industrial side of the HVAC industry working on large commercial dust collection systems, building platforms, stairs and things related to iron and structural work. Lots of crane work, including working in boom lifts and crane baskets, also rigging, welding, grinding and cutting of the different metals involved in the industry. Retired in 2013 and haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face! The jeep in my profile pic is one I cut into and stretched it 20" then built a hard top for it, just a little bit of mild welding involved. My sweetie is still working and in the water industry, takes care of collecting new water service monies for the whole state of Indiana and hopefully retiring in the next year or so and then off we go on our next new adventure!!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #31
Lee

Hi,

I work for the FAA in the capacity of Manager of the RADAR/Automation workcenter here at Seattle International Airplane patch. If an Air Traffic Controller can break it, we fix it..... and trust me, they could break an anvil with a rubber mallet in a sand box!!! Three RADARs, Automation mainframe computer system, all of the radios, Scopes, Voice Switch, Data/voice recorders, etc.

Due to the short camping season in the Great North-Wet (May-Oct) I spend my non-camping time reloading followed by trips to the range, trying to restore my 1979 Corvette, and spending time with my Son's and Grand-Son.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #32
Barbell

In 2013, sold my law practice, bought a 5ver and hit the road, Spent 40 years as a litigation/transactional attorney. DW is a psychotherapist with bad knees. Last 10 years, she has been to a number of states and several European countries doing contract work for the DOD. We spent most of last winter in Charleston, SC while she had a new knee installed, so she may be retired but won't admit it yet. We are usually home about half the time where I do woodworking, keep several old motorcycles running and model railroad. She paints, plays guitar and has brunch w/ her girl friends. The other half of the time, we are on the the road visiting kids and g-kids from coast to coast. Will keep on this way as long as we can but we are probably on our last truck and 5ver.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #33
ptooti

Nickel Miners

just a couple of blue collars, We have been retired just over 10 years now Nov 2007 and have NEVER regretted it! Both spent 31 years living and working north of the 55th parallel where minus 55 temps are not unheard of in Thompson Manitoba
he 65 - Retired welder fabricator, pressure ticketed 25 years service.
she 53 - Semi retired she's running computer repair shop out of the garage for a hobby that turned out to be busier than expected, at the mine heavy equipment op, water treatment plant op for the mine and city, then finished up in materials distribution and coordination 20 years service. Always camped and enjoyed out doors especially the wilderness that far north. Retired down to the 50th parallel 1/2 hour from the USA border and we are enjoying the less harsh winters and all 4 seasons! We have property on the Souris River and there is enough work to do maintaining the park like grounds we enjoy all the wild life that visits us here. After retiring we spent time doing up our property and took a hiatus from camping to settle in now the last 4 years we have gotten back in the groove and are ready to start travelling again, did the Black Hills in SD to tour the mines there last summer in our Rpod. and just purchased last month an Elite 19RB a little bigger than the RPod for extended stays. looking forward to the adventures !! attached are some pics of the wild life and turkeys tormenting the dogs...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2898.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	14885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7104.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	14886   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2411.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	14887   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5649.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	14888  
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #34
flipazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriz View Post
DW = Darling Wife

Lol. That one has eluded me for some time now. I had all kinds of assumptions that were apparently incorrect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #35
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipazn View Post
Lol. That one has eluded me for some time now. I had all kinds of assumptions that were apparently incorrect!

Me too I thought DW was Darrell Waltrip.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #36
flipazn

I’m a high school special education teacher in sunny Southern California. Wife is a recruiter with Teach for America. She works remotely and I have extended vacations as a teacher, so we bought a travel trailer about a year ago to take advantage of our vacation time. We have four kids (10,6,4,2) so we are quite busy but have already taken a couple of epic trips. Our first trip being to Yosemite last spring break (we are going again this spring break) and this past summer we were on the road for 5 weeks visiting 8 national parks in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah. Looking forward to our summer trip this year up the coast through Oregon and ultimately visiting all the national parks of Washington state. Our goal, when all is said and done, is to visit every national park in our beautiful country.

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #37
Gegrad

DW and I both work for the Dept of Environmental Quality, both as environmental engineers. I investigate and remediate pre-1983 landfills, and DW permits current subtitle D landfills.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #38
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipazn View Post
I’m a high school special education teacher in sunny Southern California.
Hats off to you flipazn! You are a special person for helping those that need it most!!! You have a special reservation in Heaven...

Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #39
kksfish

Electrical engineering technician with Naval Facilities Engineering Command.......until December 31 when I will join the ranks of the retired!
DW retired seven years ago from DOJ........
Old 12-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
Electrical engineering technician with Naval Facilities Engineering Command.......until December 31 when I will join the ranks of the retired!
DW retired seven years ago from DOJ........

The ranks of the retired is swelling.....come on in, the water's fine! Congrats.