Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
DocData757

Customer Service?

Does customer service shutdown for a period? I was getting great support and still had 3 outstanding issues. Now I can't get a phone call returned or any of 3 emails answered in the last 2 weeks.

It has gone for GREAT to NON-EXISTANT.

Whatsup?
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
sosad
Permanent User Ban

Angry

Customer service has not shut down. Still dealing with my peeling decals and split lino floor. Welcome to the world of Keystone RV. They have your money now git along little doggie we have bigger fish to fry. Remember that the next time you go shopping for a new unit!!!!!!!!
sosad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
jillglat

customer service?

Im having issues with customer service as well. They dont seem to want to take care of any problems that we are having. Seems once the unit is off their lot they dont return your call.
jillglat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
Outbackmel

Customer Service Issues

I have been "fortunate" enough to locate a nearby Keystone RV dealer who knows how to work with the "warranty" department at Keystone. They explained to me that Keystone has reduced it's work force across the board and even dealers have difficulty getting through. Dealers do have "leverage" in decision making. Quality,unfortunately, seems to be the case with most anything you buy these days.
Keystone are mass produced RV's. You are going to have issues with these production methods; however; the "reasonable" pricing affords many consumers the opportunity to obtain a family RV. We love our 2011, 36' Outback Sydney 329FBH.
Those with a "major" issue or multiple issues need to keep well documented attempts to connect with their selling dealer and factory. In the end; unfortunately you may need them in "court"; small claims or otherwise.
No one should be stuck with either a "lemon" or multiple unaddressed issues. After all; they did accept your cash !!
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
CPE

Same here No calls back from C.S. went to G.M. sent him a few issues no reply or return phone calls. Their policy seems to be ignore they will go away - you bought it now you have it ! Looks like court is the next step as per Outbackmel.
CPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE View Post
Same here No calls back from C.S. went to G.M. sent him a few issues no reply or return phone calls. Their policy seems to be ignore they will go away - you bought it now you have it ! Looks like court is the next step as per Outbackmel.
Yep...that usually works with Keystone (unfortunately). .... sometimes that's what it takes to get their attention.
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Trigger12

I've been dealing with the dealer I purchased my unit from and have had nothing but problems with the service department from day one. Meeting with the general mgr tomorrow hopefully to hash it out and come to an agreement of sorts. I won't hold my breath. Btw, I'm a 25 yr old full timer. Paying for everything on my own (not a spoiled brat). Is customer service too much to ask for?
4" MBRP
Reese 16k Kwik Slide
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #8
antiqfreq

If you are going thru dealer only maybe it is time to call Keystone directly. Some people do seem to get results that way also.

Stay on top of the dealer and don't let it slide - they need the business and they need to start showing their appreciation to their customers by giving them good service.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
Trigger12

Does warranty work have to be done at a certified dealer? Or can I save time, hastle, and headache by doing it myself?
4" MBRP
Reese 16k Kwik Slide
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

If you are handy and can do the repairs yourself, you might be better off in the long run to do them that way. It sounds like the relationship between you, the dealer and their service department is not a good one. At least by doing the repairs yourself, you will know that they are done to your satisfaction and may end up being a superior repair than you could get at your present dealer's shop.
Any repairs that are beyond your scope and expertise then you should seek out a competent, reliable RV service center which is close at hand if possible.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
CampJKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger12 View Post
I've been dealing with the dealer I purchased my unit from and have had nothing but problems with the service department from day one. Meeting with the general mgr tomorrow hopefully to hash it out and come to an agreement of sorts. I won't hold my breath. Btw, I'm a 25 yr old full timer. Paying for everything on my own (not a spoiled brat). Is customer service too much to ask for?
If you bought it in G-town...that dealer/sales irritated us enough that we ALMOST went to Michigan to buy direct, but found one in Houston instead.
CampJKL is offline   Reply With Quote