Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
Berg570FE

What to do with fold down bunks

Hi all,

My wife and I have a Cougar SRX. It came with two fold down bunk beds in the garage area. I pulled them out the day I bought it and they have been up in my garage rafters since.

We have zero use for them. So, should I just sell them?

What are these things worth?

Thanks for any thoughts and advise.
Berg570FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You can probably sell them for a couple hundred bucks, but probably not much more than that. If you have space to store them away, when it comes to time to trade your SRX in or put a "For Sale" sign in the window, having those bunks to reinstall will give you a wider market of buyers. Anyone with kids will want the bunks and most people looking to buy used will probably be more inclined to buy one they don't have to go "improvising" or buying expensive replacement items. If you've looked at RV furniture, those bunks will probably run more than $1000 to replace. You'll never get that kind of money for them, but might get close to that (as a "complete" RV) a few years from now when you get ready for your next RV......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
Murphsmom

Oue Cougar came with the U-shaped dinette, which we absolutely hated. We took out the back section, but stored the parts in our shed. We also replaced the table top. When we sell the trailer, the dinette parts will be included.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
Pull Toy

I'm with John on this one 100%!

Unless you need gas money, keep the bunks in storage, and reinstall them for trade in or yard sale. Without them, you'll lose a large part of the "used trailer" market. Families with kids, and toys need bunks.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

X2 I am also in full agreement with John's Comment, these sofa and beds make the garage into are multi functional area. By getting rid of them when you attempt to trade and resale that area will be merely a garage. You may be surprised how many people buy these rigs and have no toys and use that area as a utility room, bedroom, etc, which they will want to use those sofas and beds. In general if you get rid of this stuff you are limiting the people who will be interested in it as merely a garage. Store them somewhere. my 2 cents
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:37 AM   #6
canesfan

x4 on all of the above. Keep them unless you are in dire straits for money or room. Put them back when you get rid of the trailer. I use my garage solely for a guestroom and normal garage (place to keep all kinds of stuff but what it's intended for). It wouldn't be any good to me without beds.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
Berg570FE

Thanks for the response guys.

I am certainly not in need of money. It would be nice to get more room in my rafters, but it's not crucial.

It is an excellent point regarding resale, and we do plan on a new rig in the next few years. I will hang on to them.

Regards

2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crewcab SRW
Berg570FE is offline   Reply With Quote