Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
gtsum2

Bedroom and garage tv won't find cable but main TV does?

Fuzion 345 chrome with tvs in the garage, bedroom and outside. The main TV in the living room (Samsung) auto tunes fine and finds all the cable channels. The seiki tv's listed above do not? Any ideas? Booster is off since hooked to cable. Seiki tvs work fine for over the air reception. Thanks for any help
Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Fuzion 345 chrome with tvs in the garage, bedroom and outside. The main TV in the living room (Samsung) auto tunes fine and finds all the cable channels. The seiki tv's listed above do not? Any ideas? Booster is off since hooked to cable. Seiki tvs work fine for over the air reception. Thanks for any help
Sounds like a loose or bad connection somewhere in the cabling. We're never sure how Keystone routes the wiring so you end up having to troubleshoot the entire system. Since both TV's are not getting signal, I'd start with the connection at the living room. You'll want to pull the connector panel off the wall and check each connection on the backside. Unscrew each connector and make sure there is a good center wire long enough to fully seat in the jack. Unfortunately, you'll probably end up checking all of them before you're done.

The other possibility is a missing or disconnected jumper, or a jumper where one is supposed to be removed for cable or satellite use. These will be on one or more of the coax panels in the trailer. You'll have to look through your system to see if there are any jumpers, verify that they're good connections, and then test with and with out the jumper in place.

These RV coax systems for cable, satellite, and OTA are not well documented and can be a pain to sort out. With a little patience, it's generally possible to get them working properly.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
gtsum2

Thanks for the tips. The cables are good as there is only coax going to each of the tv's. All tv's get ota channels just fine. When the three seiki tv's try and scan for cable (booster off) they can't find any channels. The Samsung in the living room is fine. So all tv's get signal, but the seiki can't seem to decipher cable channels. I will pull the coax panel connections off and take a look to see if jumpers are back there. I might pick up a new tv and see if that works...process of elimination I guess?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You've probably already done this, but in the setup menu, there is a selection for "air/cable" as well as the channel search. If you've still got the TV setup for "air" it won't search for the cable portion. Just a thought, but you might want to doublecheck that you're TV menu is set for "cable" before you do the "channel search" ???

Hope it's something that simple

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Hook one of the off brand TV's up to the cable feed that you know is working and see if it is the TV or the outlets.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 AM   #6
gtsum2

I tried cable setup set to hrc, irc, standard and auto and it will not recognize any of them. I'm thinking it has to do with it being digital cable and the TV can't process it. Picking up new TV this morning to try it. If new one doesn't work I will check jumpers, etx. Thanks for the tips!