Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
podunker

Looking at used 2012 Summerland 2670 BH

My wife and I are total newbies and would love some opinions on things. Since we are just getting started and really don't even know how well we will like doing or how much time we will have to use it, we don't want to spend a bunch of money on a new trailer. We have been researching and asking questions for two month or so. I found a nice 2012 Summerland 2670 BH for sale at 13000. We took a look at it and it was by far the best looking used trailer we have seen. We wanted a slide out and it had it. The bunks are for friends, our children, grand children, etc. i would prefer a corner shower, but this has a tub shower. Do you all think this is a good starter trailer? How about the price? Love to hear any opinions from people that have a similar trailer. This one was lived in from April 2013 to October 2013 in the Oil Fields of North Dakota. The owner bought 4 for his company, but now they stay in hotels. So it was used for 7 months or so, but has been sitting since. It really looks nice inside, like I said, the best used one we have looked at. Thanks in advance for any advise.
podunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
DavidinTexas

One of the things we did before we bought was rent and see what we liked and did not like. That at least gave us a reference as we moved forward.
DavidinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Camping Gator

I don't know about the value as we are just beginning the process. The most important thing to me about the shower is whether you fit in it and can wash up relatively easily. The more important thing to us is the roominess around the toilet. Other considerations are weight of the unit and your your tow vehicle, comfort level regarding the length, and whether it has the amenities you can not live without. We can all probably adjust to the large units with dinette, couch, bed, and counter space in the kitchen. What do you foresee as crucial elements for your age and comfort level? Will you cook and eat inside a lot, or do you prefer outdo cooking and eating? How many do you need to accommodate? Even though you have not camped, think through the non negotiables. I applaud the idea or renting to work through some of these issues and your needs. Good luck! It is exciting!
Camping Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
podunker

We have already decided on a length and weight stuff. Based on our tow vehicle of course. Unfortunately we don't have anywhere to rent a trailer to try out for a weekend. The closest is over 4 hours away. Like I said, a slide out was one option we knew we needed to have. We looked at several without, and it was impossible for more than one person to move around inside without it. I liked the stall shower myself since I am a fairly big guy. But we are hearing the tub option is great for the grand kids to just get in and get clean. Honestly I don't even know how much a shower/bathroom will get used. Most camp grounds have both available it seems like. I figured if we wake up in middle of night we will use the trailer for sure, otherwise I don't know. Plus we really don't know how many other little expenses we will have once we buy the trailer. I figure at least $500 to $1000 in little things. Our two oldest daughters are in the Air Force and we plan on maybe using it to go and see them, without intruding on their houses. It will give us a break and them a break at night. That's the real reason we got interested in getting one.
podunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
rrnkp

I just purchased the same trailer two weeks ago, new 2014 2670bhgs for 14,900.00. Not sure if it's a good price 2k more and you get a new trailer with warranty, plus a better interest rate if you are financing
rrnkp is offline   Reply With Quote