Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #21
grampscamper

Ours was built late August. I know the earlier build units didn't have the winterizing bypass in the convenience center. If I remember correctly the early builds didn't have the convenience center at all (at least our model). I'm not sure why I couldn't get it working. The inlet is a long distance from the pump & has a check valve. I tried a short hose & raised the bucked. No go. Bypass valve was in the correct position. Maybe the pump doesn't have enough suction to draw & open the check valve. I may try to remove the check valve. I tried for a few hours then decided it was easier to install the kit. The dealer is 2 hours from our home. I have a couple of other small warranty issues I will have them check early next year. I'll have the dealer look at it then.
The trailer is in storage now. I have a few projects to tackle next year. I'm planning to add wet bolts to the suspension also.

2017 Passport Elite 19RB
2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2017 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6.7
grampscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #22
Yosemitebob

Wow, I didn't see your pics there before I posted, must be my eyes Thank you, that is just what I needed. I shall start my inspection and modifying before I run into leaks. Nothing worse than leaking water inside. Been there done that on a previous RV.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
trucker LOU

toilet shut off

Hey rascal, I added a shut off valve for the toilet as on previous 5er toilet valve broke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	4484  
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
americanrascal

Nice job and set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker LOU View Post
Hey rascal, I added a shut off valve for the toilet as on previous 5er toilet valve broke.

Good looking job. Seems it needs to be done. Mine comes up through the floor I recall --but same approach.

Looks like you used the screw on pressure clamp type fitting? (can't remember the exact terminology for that type) How did that work out? No leaks I presume. Looks great!
americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
Pmedic4

The plumbing Master

The Pex plumbing job looks good. Sort of sad you have to do that work to make your RV 'whole'.

It always seems strange with all the plumbing work they do for our RV's to not install a $10 (and that is conservatively high) bypass valve for winterizing. I understand some people may say, "We only use our RV in Texas/Florida/etc.", but the cost is so nominal for a $30,000 + RV.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #26
Cyncwby

Just saw your post, we have a 2 month old Mountaineer 295RKD, came with chit GY Marathons. One of the first things I did was change them out to Sailun S637 235/85/16, G rated 3750 lb. 110 psi tires. They were $800 shipped to the house, bought them from "Rustybore" on ebay. These tires are EXTREMELY heavy duty and don't even bulge when the weight is put on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0528.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	4494   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0527.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	4495  
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
americanrascal

A bit more fun with PEX

I decided not to install the shut off for the toilet. The connection came into the toilet with a proper 90 angle and its doing quite well and there was not as much room to work there as I thought. I will eventually add an inline cut off on the feed line in the storage compartment for peace of mind.

I did add a PEX line extension with a 90 el from the fresh water tank drain to the side of the unit and installed a valve on the end to allow for ease of drainage. No longer have to crawl under the unit and use that weird cap system on the end of the drain. I hung the line off the frame.

In the future I may install drain valves on the hot and cold water line drains up forward, replacing those weird caps up there. For now though I think I'm done having fun with PEX.

The tire issue remains unresolved, but I think I have the shower pressure thing nailed well by removing the restrictor on the head. Now I can actually get wet!!

I had not heard of the Sailun tires and could not find them on the web (didn't spend a lot of time looking in all fairness). I am hoping the new Maxiss I put on will hold up longer than the 3 weeks and 1200 miles I had on the tires that I got when it rolled off the lot new.

Good luck with the Sailun's they look pretty stout!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
americanrascal

Tires fairly resolved

The good folks at Keystone got on the phone with me this afternoon and we worked through the tire issues. Between the tire wholesaler and Keystone I am a happy customer again. No- I didn't get everything I expected, but Keystone was fair and equitable with me and I felt in the end treated me as a valued customer. I felt like finally they understood where I was coming from with the tire issue.

We love this rig and look forward to many happy years of service from it. I do appreciate Keystone's response and attention to the matter

Tags
landing gear, pex, plumbing, tires