Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
tdawg

six point auto leveling

I now there have been alot posts on the auto leveling system but had this happen today. When trying to run slides in the front jacks retracted and slides would not come in. The only way to get slides in was to hook up to truck then slides would go in this is a 2013 3535 Alpine
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
tanman32225

My guess is a bad battery. Were you still hooked to shore power? If so maybe a bad converter and a bad battery or just one or the other.
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Ron

I have the 6 point level up and have not had that problem, as above poster said bad or weak battery sounds like the case...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
mdnbp

I have the six-point leveling system, however, I don't think the leveling system is relevant to the slide out issue. My slide out controls have an information sticker posed which states "battery hookup required for slide out operation".

2013 Ford F-350
2013 Montana 3750FL
2012 Big Horn 3610

mdnbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
tdawg

Will load test battery today. Battery was hooked up master for battery was on and the batttery voltage was showing 13 volts on level up display.Thanks for the ideas will be calling dealer and lippert today
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
tileman

Have the 6 point level up on our fuzion so far it just pops or snap sound when it cool out in the am.

So if I am reading it right you are pulling in the slides and the front jacks start to move? That dose not sound safe.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
tdawg

yep thats right push slide out switch to retract slides and front cylinders retracted almost hitting truck. i now you have move truck out from front of camper when you auto level but never would have thought it would have been a problem to put slides in.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
yep thats right push slide out switch to retract slides and front cylinders retracted almost hitting truck. i now you have move truck out from front of camper when you auto level but never would have thought it would have been a problem to put slides in.
Wow that's not right at all I would say.
Yea we pull in chock the wheels I lift the front up just till its off my hitch maybe 1/8" pull away then hit the self level and it dose its job then the kids hit the slides and we are all set.

I did not think the slides and self level was on the same setup.

Hope you can get it fixed cause it sounds like a accident waiting to happen.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
tdawg

latest from lippert tech support they want me to remove solonoid on front landing cylinder and clean and check for debris. they were very helpfull . i will do this later this week and keep you updated. next test is a cylinder bypass test that they e mailed instuctions for
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
tileman

Quote:
latest from lippert tech support they want me to remove solonoid on front landing cylinder and clean and check for debris. they were very helpfull . i will do this later this week and keep you updated. next test is a cylinder bypass test that they e mailed instuctions for
Good luck and let us know what the out come is.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
tdawg

Smile

Here you go the fix for front jacks moving with the slide switch. I removed front landing cylinder electric solonoid to inspect for debris. at 1st did not see anything but after blowing out and moving valve several times a piece of slag finally surfaced removed and reinstalled. The whole level up system works better than ever.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
tdawg

Here you go the fix for front landing cylinders moving with slide out switch. after removing front landing cylinder solonoid valve. after several times of blowing out and moving valve a piece of slag surfaced removed it and everthing works better than ever fluid was bypassing taking path of least resistance.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
tdawg

sorry for the double post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
Ron

Great, glad you fixed it, feels good when you can do it on your own, Congradulations........Happy Campin
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #15
tdawg

Smile

My auto level also was doing the same popping with temp. changes but after i fixed the bypassing hydraulic cylinder valve on front landing cylinder i have not heard a thing and we have had temp changes. I know there have been alot of posts about the popping noise just wonder if maybe these valves are the culprit. I have the lippert tech reps . direct line that helped me if anybody wants it pm me he knows his stuff and will be the only one i will talk to.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #16
tileman

Quote:
My auto level also was doing the same popping with temp. changes but after i fixed the bypassing hydraulic cylinder valve on front landing cylinder i have not heard a thing and we have had temp changes. I know there have been alot of posts about the popping noise just wonder if maybe these valves are the culprit. I have the lippert tech reps . direct line that helped me if anybody wants it pm me he knows his stuff and will be the only one i will talk to.
Yea mine pops and snaps. Were can I find the front landing cylinder Solenoid valve at. Have a 2012 fuzion toy hauler maybe worth a shot and see if it helps.

Ron.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #17
tdawg

1st have it hooked to truck and retract front cylinders up all the way at the top of r.f. cylinder there is a elec. plug unplug from solonoid and unscrew black knob and slide elec. solonoid off valve stem then you can unscew valve. make sure 5/32 allen in rear of valve is turned counterclockwise i used light air pressure to blow out 4 holes and down through center of valve oriface you can turn allen in and out to move and clean and from cylinder side of valve you can depress seat in and out when turning allen screw just make sure allen screw is turned counterclock wise back seated when you reinstall. thats how i did mine Good Luck
Old 05-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #18
tileman

Quote:
1st have it hooked to truck and retract front cylinders up all the way at the top of r.f. cylinder there is a elec. plug unplug from solonoid and unscrew black knob and slide elec. solonoid off valve stem then you can unscew valve. make sure 5/32 allen in rear of valve is turned counterclockwise i used light air pressure to blow out 4 holes and down through center of valve oriface you can turn allen in and out to move and clean and from cylinder side of valve you can depress seat in and out when turning allen screw just make sure allen screw is turned counterclock wise back seated when you reinstall. thats how i did mine Good Luck
Thanks I will give it a shot here maybe this weekend.