Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
erjs05

Bal leveler?

Wondering if anyone uses 2 single axle bal levelers in tandum? I have one already and the is room to fit them on the dual axles. I really liked it for leveling our pop up but am worried our new trailer would be to heavy for two of them to lift the side with the slideout. I don't want to buy another one and find out it doesn't work. Looking for anyone who has done this or maybe knows of anyone who uses them. Thanks for any replies.
erjs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
KJcachers

Bal leveler?

I've got one in my garage from our pop up days. We went with lynx blocks for leveling and a BAL extended X-Chocks to hold things firm. We had to go extended with the spread on the axles. Going to add a second X-Chock for the off side.
Not sure those pop up lifters have the weight capacity for a TT even if used in tandem.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
LiteFoot

Yes

If you have the room for them, yes they will work given that you do not overload them. Seems like the limit for each was 1,500 lbs. So, in theory, your camper shouldn't weigh more than 6,000 lbs although I would only use them if the camper was well south of that.

Ryan
LiteFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
CincyGus

X2.

I think you'd be safe if your < 6000 total weight. SOld mine from the popup days when I bought the new TT and then after the fat realized I could have kept it and done exactly what your thinking of. They are a well made product and if there is room, I'm thinking it would do the job. Though frankly, I think putting down a couple 2x8's is just as easy if your having to do two wheels on the low side.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote