Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
Javi

Okay Cougar 333 MKS Owners

The DW is in love with the 333 MKS but we can't actually touch one without taking a 200 mile round trip drive and frankly I don't want to make a run only to drive home disappointed... So... I'm asking y'all that own them a few questions...

I guess the first question is pretty common... How do y'all like it and how many night/day have you stayed in it?

Second... Have you found anything that you would change about the trailer if given the chance? This can include the pin box, second air conditioner, storage, dump valves and even the interior furniture...

Third... is the vent hood ported to the outside or back into the cabin?

Fourth... Have you had to "FIX" the bed slide because of separation?

Fifth... What are you finding are "REAL" weight numbers... pin weight and axle weight as ready to camp..

Sixth... Do y'all feel that this is a larger enough trailer for someone who gets a little claustrophobic in a Passport 2890RL after a couple of days...?

Please include any other information you feel pertinent....

Thanks...
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
5mary6

We have stayed in ours half dozen times. The only issue we have had was the bedroom slide did come off. The dealer placed several more screws in there and will never happen again. This, for some reason is just a Manufacture thing. Plenty of room in this coach. We have the oversized recliners that can be a pain to place for travel. I would look at the regular recliners so that when it is time to travel you can simply turn them inward at the rear window for travel. The bedroom has plenty of storage with the added nightstand too. Plenty of outlets unlike most other 5ers. A full shower is a huge bonus. The range hood does vent out for sure. Comes with two 12v batteries that are also vented. Nice pull out rear bumper is nice. We compared it to other cougars and this one exceeded by far. According to the Cougar rep at the RV shows, they went over on this model to break into the higher in types. The dining table moves back and forth allowing for extra room to get in and sit. Nice addition. Has the 88 degree front cap, making it so you do not really need a sliding hitch in a short bed. Comes with 50 amp cord too. Is wired for second air if wanted, however due to the number of windows, air flow is very nice. Plenty of countertop makes it really nice and the center island afford opportunity to traverse either side so more than one person can be in kitchen at same time. In addition, makes it nice when curbside and preparing 5er to camp. Only need to pull out one slide if that’s all the room you have. Pin weight was correct as advertised, no issues there.

We looked for a long time and since I did not want too heavy of a trailer, this one fit the bill and had a lot more than we knew. So much storage, remote control makes it nice to set up from outside. Good luck and I would travel the 200 miles without a doubt!!

PullRite Superglide 16k
Revolution kites

Previous RV

2012 MVP Sonoma SE 23bh
5mary6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Cougar Campers

We just picked up our 333mks yesterday! I can tell you we looked at fifth wheels for a year, and for the money, this model is top notch! Tons of storage, great counter space in kitchen, roomy living room, bigger than some bath vanity, and a bathtub that puts you in awe compared to many rvs. Things we wish were different? Not much. Keystone is no longer installing the sliding dining table, apparently the mfg went out of business, so we have a stationary table. The chairs are comfy, but at a price. When traveling, you must turn them upside down, lift up on sofa and secure with a strap. These are heavy suckers!! I think this will be getting old very quick, and we will replace. Our dealer received a bulletin about the issue with the bed screws pulling out from the wall, and fixed this before we picked up our unit. We'll know more once we take our new 5er on a road trip next weekend-can't wait! But at this point in time, we would definitely recommend this Cougar model! Hope this helps, have fun looking at RVs and let us know what you decide
Cougar Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
5mary6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Campers View Post
We just picked up our 333mks yesterday! I can tell you we looked at fifth wheels for a year, and for the money, this model is top notch! Tons of storage, great counter space in kitchen, roomy living room, bigger than some bath vanity, and a bathtub that puts you in awe compared to many rvs. Things we wish were different? Not much. Keystone is no longer installing the sliding dining table, apparently the mfg went out of business, so we have a stationary table. The chairs are comfy, but at a price. When traveling, you must turn them upside down, lift up on sofa and secure with a strap. These are heavy suckers!! I think this will be getting old very quick, and we will replace. Our dealer received a bulletin about the issue with the bed screws pulling out from the wall, and fixed this before we picked up our unit. We'll know more once we take our new 5er on a road trip next weekend-can't wait! But at this point in time, we would definitely recommend this Cougar model! Hope this helps, have fun looking at RVs and let us know what you decide
Did yours come with the oversized chairs? We have the oversized ones and do not put them on the couch. We line them up in a row at the end of the center island heading towards the rear window, assuring they sit on top of the slide out carpet.

PullRite Superglide 16k
Revolution kites

Previous RV

2012 MVP Sonoma SE 23bh
5mary6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
Javi

Thanks... anyone else?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
nano

Our campgrounds have not opened yet, so we have not had a chance to use ours, but our first trip is scheduled for the 16th. What I really like about the 333mks is the island counter space, and also the counter space on either side of the stove. I also like the larger bathroom vanity to allow more room for our toothbrushes, etc. The large shower is nice, although I don't know that we'll use it much at all. The other selling point for me was the end table and little shelf at the head of the bed. I also love the storage and coat hooks by the entrance.

The only thing I have second guessed, now that we have the camper, is that maybe we should have got a 5th wheel with the TV on the back wall, with the seating across from each other. Because now, if we need to sleep more than 4 people, we would have to bring in an air mattress and put it on the floor, or we would have to replace the recliners with a futon, then turn the futon 90 degrees for sleeping so that it would fit at the end of the sofa sleeper. If we had something that had 2 sofas across from each other, it wouldn't require all that messing around. BUT, we have never had the need to sleep more than 4 people, and I don't really see that we would in the future.

Also, the only other drawback I can think of is the little 11 foot awning. I think I will miss our 20 footer we had on our TT, but we just bought a pop-up canopy to provide some more shade if needed.
nano is offline   Reply With Quote