Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
davidjsimons

It does not have to be able to fit into the shop. Actually, all that is required is forty five feet of continuos plain per inspection bay. I know this because my building is certified as a Virginia State Inspection station and I had to add about ten feet of concrete pad outside of my roll up door. My shop building has a roll up door on each end and is about 70' long. They considered half of the building one bay and the other half another bay. Since I only poured the pad outside of one door, only half of my shop is certified to serve as an inspection facility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
Comptech

Interesting, All of the inspection station people I have talked to said that the RV has to be able to fit in the building or shop for them to be able to inspect it...

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
Festus2
Site Team

We seem to have two separate threads (Tires, tires, tires & Odds 'n Ends) both of which are discussing state inspections of RV's running at the same time. This thread started with a question about balancing tires and has now drifted into a discussion about state inspection facilities.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Comptech

Ok ya all knock it off and quit changing the topic... the po-po are knocking on the door and we are all going to get in trouble... Lets keep on topic...
Thanks Festus

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #25
cabinfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
We seem to have two separate threads (Tires, tires, tires & Odds 'n Ends) both of which are discussing state inspections of RV's running at the same time. This thread started with a question about balancing tires and has now drifted into a discussion about state inspection facilities.

Thats why I started the other thread about inspection...didn't wanna run this thread off the rails.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote