Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
Kathyfog

Winegard Gateway

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to get our winegard gateway to work? Have it hooked up, Verizon card installed but unable to register the Verizon card so wifi can be used in rv. Thanks for any help given
Kathyfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
Matthewtally

Winegard customer support is pretty good in my experience. Also, their app is garbage. They talked me through using the web browser on my phone to control my gateway.
Matthewtally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
M&M2

In the last two weeks I installed an ATT SIM card. I used a laptop to configure basically following the Winegard instructions. Once I powered the Winegard off and back on the SIM card automatically registered and it started working. Don’t know about Verizon.

I went to Winegard website and downloaded a 2022 update that doesn’t show up by selecting update in the software. After the download you update by pointing to the file. The update may help making it work.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:53 AM   #4
JonTCaz

I would just unplug it and find another product. I have been through 3 of these, by the time I gave up it was past the 30 day refund mark so I just donated 300.00 to winegard.
JonTCaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyfog View Post
Can anyone offer suggestions on how to get our winegard gateway to work? Have it hooked up, Verizon card installed but unable to register the Verizon card so wifi can be used in rv. Thanks for any help given
Are you using a laptop/hotspot sim or a phone sim
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
M&M2

With AT&T I ordered an existing equipment iPad SIM and it works.
Old 08-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #7
RVGator

Used AT&T card for mine. $20/month as an add on and its basically an iPad SIM card. I used the Winegard app on the iPhone to set it up. Make sure you have switched the “mode” to the correct setting. I don’t have it in front of me but one mode is for Wi-Fi extending and one mode is for cellular data.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #8
dtneisner

Not to hijack your thread but wondering how everyone is liking the winegard air 360 plus for getting wifi in their rigs? Debating on getting the gateway or just getting another system.
dtneisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:18 AM   #9
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtneisner View Post
Not to hijack your thread but wondering how everyone is liking the winegard air 360 plus for getting wifi in their rigs? Debating on getting the gateway or just getting another system.

I like mine and think it is good to "pull in" a weaker wifi signal. I've additionally used their wireless service when traveling since I really don't use it that much....until last year (due to a location we were going without wifi for a week) where I decided to try to find an unlimited/not-on-plan option for a sim card. Thats when I got diverted to Visible.

I've since converted all my phones (5) to visible from verizon. Unfortunately they only support phones. I've found for our use that their cellular was enough for us to stream content as well as use my computer to work when needed.

So the winegard is now just a router when not connected to wifi.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:22 AM   #10
wrvond

I've got the Air 360+ with a WiFi Ranger Osprey using an ATT sim with unlimited data. It works better than the stupid Frontier DSL in our S&B.
Of course it can't create a signal where there isn't one and sometimes the cell phone hotspot on our Verizon iPhones has a stronger signal, but I'm happy. And I only pay ATT fifty bucks a month.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote