Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2022, 05:24 AM   #1
Marylane11

LOW black tank pipe

My black tank pipe on my Laredo drops very low and toward ground.
Can anyone suggest best way to connect it to rv sewer tank
Marylane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:28 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Get a 45 degree angle connection and install it sideways. That puts your sewer hose going to the side instead of down. Get one with a water hose connection on it. Works great to spray water back up into the black tank if you ever plug it up.

https://www.campingworld.com/rv-hydr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:36 AM   #3
Marylane11

Thank you so much
Marylane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:42 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylane11 View Post
My black tank pipe on my Laredo drops very low and toward ground.
Can anyone suggest best way to connect it to rv sewer tank
A year and model number would help, a picture even more so. Clear fitting gs are available in 45° and 90° angles. We had a Forrest River Surveyor that gave me a fit at some sites as the fitting in the ground was too high to empty the hose. I ended up buying a macerator pump and that made life much simpler. No more sewer hose curles exercises.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:24 PM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Get a 45 degree angle connection and install it sideways. That puts your sewer hose going to the side instead of down. Get one with a water hose connection on it. Works great to spray water back up into the black tank if you ever plug it up.

I had that same fitting, but depending on the number of 90 degree fittings in the drain lines you won't get much rinse, if any, into any of the tanks. Which was the situation on my last 5er, it did a great job of rinsing the hose & about foot back into the drain line before the 1st of 3 90 degree fittings.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #6
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I had that same fitting, but depending on the number of 90 degree fittings in the drain lines you won't get much rinse, if any, into any of the tanks. Which was the situation on my last 5er, it did a great job of rinsing the hose & about foot back into the drain line before the 1st of 3 90 degree fittings.
That’s really unusual for a black tank. Most of them are pretty direct. Even with bends in the plumbing, back pressure from the exit end can help dislodge items that could be plugging the tank.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #7
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I agree for me I also have three 90 degree elbows before coming into the side of the tank. The first 90 degree out of the tank is actually a “Y” fitting the other side goes my to the grey tank.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:46 PM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I agree for me I also have three 90 degree elbows before coming into the side of the tank. The first 90 degree out of the tank is actually a “Y” fitting the other side goes my to the grey tank.
Mine has one 90 degree elbow as well, the water still sprays into it. I’ve plugged the black tank before and was able to dislodge whatever was there by spraying the water back up. Obviously it’s not a direct shot, but the spray still follows the pipe.

Tags
black tank, tank