Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2022, 05:45 AM   #1
dljs1941

Lippert psx1 motor issue

I have a 2020 Bullet 273BHS which came with Lippert pxs1 stabilizers. On a recent Memorial Day trip I noticed the rear stabilizer motor was making a distinctive banging sound. I called Lippert customer service and actually got an agent. Explained my issue and ran the motor while my cell phone was on speaker near the stabilizer. His response was “that’s weird” but offered no other solution other than for me to purchase another motor. I decided to email customer service asking that they consider sending me a new motor given the age of the TT and that we have only camped 8-10 times since the purchase. Received a response a few days later asking for more info (pictures, video, VIN etc…) which I supplied immediately. Didn’t hear back for several more days, so sent another email asking for a status. After a few more days, they responded indicating they would send me a new motor free of charge. Received the motor and noticed it was smaller than the original but went ahead with the replacement. Found a Lippert Utube showing how to replace… Two upper bolts and two lower bolts and a couple of wires…easy. Well not so much. The upper bolts pass thru the mounting bracket and have itty, bitty nuts that are practically impossible to reach but will just spin if not secure. The bottom bolts face toward the inside of the trailer and thread into the housing of the motor but we’re installed with thread lock which made that removal less than easy.

The replacement motor housing was slightly thicker than the original and so the bolts where not long enough to reuse. Not a huge issue but required a trip to the local hardware store. The alignment of the new motor to the mounting bracket was slightly off which made remounting difficult but not impossible. I reversed the upper bolts so that the nut was facing outside and easy to secure while tightening. The wiring went under the coroplast (sp?), but was fairly easy to get to.

Kudos to Lippert for replacing a $200 motor, but the machining on the replacement left room for improvement. BTW I verified with Lippert that the motor was correct replacement. They indicated it was redesigned. I also shared my experience with them for future reference.