Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Timberghost

We did it again...

We sold our 2010 Passport 2590 and drove home with our new Laredo 303TG yesterday. I was actually kind of sad to see the Passport go, had a lot of great memories in it, our first TT, but looking forward to a busy camping schedule this year with the new rig.

Dealer is about 1.5 hour from us and the ride down with the passport was kind of tiring - fighting a nasty crosswind the entire trip. At one point I mentioned to the wife that I may just do the walk through and bring the Laredo home today(saturday) but she was not having any of that.

I was surprised that the new rig seemed to pull a lot easier than the much lighter Passport - thinking that the weight had a lot to do with it, but I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The only thing that I am planning to change out so far is the electric tongue jack - bought a Barker 3500 last year and really like it, so I will probably swap it out and give my buddy a deal on the one that came with it - I think it's an LCI, or something like that.

Anyway, here is a pic of the new rig before going into the barn! :-)

Timberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Very, very nice!! If that's the barn alongside the TT, you will have plenty of room to store it! Come to think of it......would you have room for a 5th wheel? Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new TT.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
V2rider

Very nice! So a 2010 wasnt new enough for you?
V2rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
gkainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
Very nice! So a 2010 wasnt new enough for you?
LOL! I was sort of thinking the same thing... "Lots of great memories in that Passport..." made me think "two seasons' worth, maybe?" ... anyway, congrats! Here's to many more camping seasons for making great memories!"
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
jq1031

Nice rig Timberghost, hope you have many years of enjoyment:
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
game warden

Very nice hope you enjoy it...we love our 303tg
game warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Timberghost

Thanks for the warm welcome! We will be going on it's maiden voyage the first week in April and we cannot wait. The only additions that I had the dealer do was to add Slide Out Kover II's to both slides. Planning to replace the speakers during the first trip (if the factory speakers are anything like our previous camper) and also install a nice powered vent fan in the bathroom. Really like the recessed lighting inside and raised panel fridge doors really make the interior "pop". I have not taken measurements yet, but does anybody know what size tv will fit in the bunk room? I know I will need to get that done because if our past history holds true... it's gonna rain for 4 days straight during our first outing! Will post some pics and details of our first trip when we get back! Oh yeah.... does anybody know what the "TG" stands for? Just curious!

P.S. Festus2.... bring it on over - there is plenty of room, but the drive is gonna be a pain! :-)
Timberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
DTJ9610

Welcome to the 303 Family. We've had ours a year now and love it. I'm a bit jealous of the new model as there appear to have been a few minor upgrades that are pretty nice.

The TV in the back (at least on last years model) was just shy of 22"(I beleive). I ended up with a 19" LED. I'd still measure to make sure.

As for the the TG=Tail Gate (for the outside kitchen).

Have fun with the new camper.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote