Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
jalciere

Winterizing 2011 Cougar X-Lite 26 SAB

I'm in the process of winterizing my 2011 Cougar X-Lite 26 SAB, and am unable to gain access to the water pump. It's under the kitchen sink, behind a wooden panel, and appears inaccessible without sawing through the panel. I'd prefer not to winterize by pouring the RV anti-freeze into the fresh water tank, but do I have a choice? Is there another access point where I can connect to the water pump's intake?

Thanks in advance.
jalciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalciere View Post
I'm in the process of winterizing my 2011 Cougar X-Lite 26 SAB, and am unable to gain access to the water pump. It's under the kitchen sink, behind a wooden panel, and appears inaccessible without sawing through the panel. I'd prefer not to winterize by pouring the RV anti-freeze into the fresh water tank, but do I have a choice? Is there another access point where I can connect to the water pump's intake?

Thanks in advance.
If your water pump is under the sink, then there has to be a removable panel somewhere around it to get at it for service, etc.

I notice that the stove is right next to the sink so there should be a drawer or door below the stove. You may find an access panel in there.

Also, the outside of the sink cabinet is right by the entry door. Perhaps there is a panel or door there?

In all likelyhood, if it is an access panel, it will be held in place with just a couple of screws and should be easily removable.

Everyone who has run into this problem recently has eventually found direct access to the water pump. Those whose pumps are proximate to the basement have found the pump after removing one or two wall panels of the basement. I can only encourage you to keep looking because the access is there.

The absolute best place to connect a siphon kit of any kind is within a foot or so of the pump on the intake side. Some folks who have the newer pumps with the quick-connect fittings are just getting an extra quick-connect and attaching a siphon hose to it. Then it is a simple matter to disconnect the water line from the tank at the pump and then connect in the siphon fitting.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
camper 2010

You should be able to remove the bottom pot and pan drawer to get access to the pump.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Ayotte

I have a cougar x-lite 26sab. If you remove the bottom pot and pan drawer you will have easy access to the pump. I don't know if it comes with it or if my dealer installed it but mine has a valve you turn and a hose you put into the rv antifreeze jug. Works great. Don't forget to blow out your black water flush with air or your antisiphon will freeze up and break. Good luck.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Ayotte

Forgot to mention-you will probally have to pull the panel in front of the hot water heater to get at the bypass valve on the heater. It is located on the drivers side access door to the basement.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
jalciere

Thanks -- and another question.

Thanks!

I've tried to figure out a way to remove the drawer.

Would you mind telling me how you did it? (I consider myself mechanically inclined, but couldn't figure out how to do it.)
jalciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
SteveC7010

If the drawer has roller slides on each side, pull it out as far as it will go, and then lift up on the front. It should pop right out.

If there are no slides, pull nearly all the way out, and then reach up over the back wall of the drawer, right in the center. There should be a little plastic tab there. Pull the tab forward and down and the drawer should come out. The little tab is there to keep the drawer from coming all the way out.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
camper 2010

When you pull the drawer out, look in the metal tracks on each side. You should have a small black plastic leaver in each track. Push the black leaver down while pulling the drawer out. Do this one side at a time. The drawer should then be able to be removed.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Ayotte

camper 2010 has the right response to your question about the drawer. You might have to push one side down and the other up. Good luck. If I can help more just ask. Have you had any trouble with your rear bumper? The welding all cracked on mine.

Tags
winterizing