Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
CPE

Angry factory option info.

I have tried numerous times from Customer Svc. to General Manager to get info booklets for what is installed in my coach. Cust. Svc. does not answer my call nor now does Gen Mgr since I sent him missing and wrong booklets. Dealer checked 5 other coaches on his property and none have info. on air conditioner(one of 4 booklets not in the coach when purchased). I was and still am without these booklets since I received the unit. Keystone mgt. will not acknowledge any phone call from me since I sent letter of this. So much for customer service! Beware before getting your coach that you will not get this info once you leave!
CPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Nearly all (if not all) of the owner's manuals for the equipment in your RV is online and available for download. As for the AC, go to Dometic.com and you'll find it there. What other documentation are you missing?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

If you looking for the user manuals for appliances and other installed items such as the stereo, converter, etc., it might be far less stressful (but less convenient) to go online to the manufacturers' sites and download those that were not provided when purchased.
It seems that more and more manufacturers are not providing user/owner manuals for their products - the expectation is for the customer to go online and download the manual or to be given a CD in lieu of printed material. This expectation doesn't make it right for the customer and you will be given a hundred different reasons why you aren't provided with printed manuals. These reasons make sense to everyone except the customer.
Do what a lot of us end up doing --- go online and download what you need. Faster and less hassle.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
CPE

Unhappy

I have been on line and phone with Dometic. My Dometic is a model459516.701CO product nummber 991762457. There is no booklet or info for that model on their web site or calling them. ALL info is supposed to be in the unit as it was 100% with my Heartland. Dometic gave me the "closest" download for that unit. Also the thermostat used for mine is not the one for that unit per on line and Dometic. Mine was a different type and was found to have a loose wire by dealer as I had no heat first night. AS I purchased a second ac option other coaches on line have the dual zone thermostat from the factory. I wanted to know what should and is installed in my coach. I find different set ups for this option. It appears different things are done for this option (no way to know when ordering what you are getting) Having no booklet or on line info, or no reply from Keystone does not give me the information. The info on line for the single zone installed has no wiring installation drawing and not having the info at all from my unit= SOL!
I have hours in this and should have been in new (and existing coaches).
CPE is offline   Reply With Quote