Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
dzul

Inverter problems

My inverter cuts off every once in a while. My wife and kids complain about a high pitch noise coming from the electrical panel (I cant hear it due to hearing loss), and ocassionaly everything that is controled by 12v dc shuts off and comes back on in a few minuets. Could the inverter going bad or is there something to look for. I thought the fan may not be working and it shuts off due to overheating but the fan came on a couple tims last night.
dzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

The "high pitched squeal" could be the cooling fan over-heating and stopping. If that is the case the converter may shut down on a thermal protection and come back on when it cools somewhat. If you are still under warranty I would have a dealer check it out. Also check to see if your battery connections are tight and clean and electrolyte levels are good. These may be working the converter/charger too hard. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote