Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
cnbhand

Dead stereo

Went to turn radio on ( Jensen MP5000) and it is totally dead. Have 12.7 volts from wiring coming into cabinet. The wire designated power ground there is only 5V to system. Does the filter fuse play any role in this? I am stumped. All other fuses are good.
cnbhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
rjsurfer

My first MP-5000 went dead 1 month after the warranty expired, made a mistake and bought second one off Ebay that one lasted about 10 months.

Same symptoms with both units display back-light screen but nothing else.

Spent an hour with Jensen support and couldn't get anywhere with them but they did offer me a 15% discount on their "new" replacement of the MP_5000, I declined their offer.

I'm not sure what to do now, an inexpensive auto radio/DVD wouldn't fit in the spot and all the wiring will have to be done from scratch new plugs, connectors etc. and I would lose the ability to select the three way speakers. No car audio units have a three way speaker selector.

Best of luck..

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote