Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Pegleg

Thumbs down Sofa-sleeper Removal?

We have a 2010 Cougar 292RKS Fifth-wheel which came with the sofa sleeper with the inflatable mattress and we want to remove it from the unit. Has anyone dealt with that? The height of the arms from the floor is greater than the width of the door so I don't think even standing it on end and trying to "rotate" it through the door won't work.

I'll take it apart if necessary but was wondering if someone had already addressed the issue. I have contacted Keystone regarding how they brought the sofa into the unit but as usual have not received a reply.

Thanks,
Brian
Pegleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Brian: I believe one of our members, CWtheMan, removed his sofa and replaced it with a double recliner. I did PM him just recently asking him how he got it out and how he got the recliner in. Havent heard from him as yet.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
Ruffus

Talking Sofa Removal

If all else fails I have one word, "CHAINSAW". I always wanted to cut a soft in half.
Sorry, couldn't help myself!
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
If all else fails I have one word, "CHAINSAW". I always wanted to cut a soft in half.
Sorry, couldn't help myself!
Jim, Your a man after my own heart ..... but I think if you remove the legs it will twist through the door with two men a boy to help you. Besides all those chain saw chips would be a mess to clean up. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Ruffus

Cool Legs

Your probably right Hank, would chips would be a mess and invite termites, take the legs off, now who would have thought about???????
Jim
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
CWtheMan

When replacing our ugly and very heavy sofa bed the guys that delivered our new dual reclining love seat stood the old sofa on end and rotated it right out the door. Got the love seat in the same way.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
NWlambear

Smile Removal of RV sofa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
When replacing our ugly and very heavy sofa bed the guys that delivered our new dual reclining love seat stood the old sofa on end and rotated it right out the door. Got the love seat in the same way.

CW
Thanks for posting!!! Hey...that is good to know. Maybe then I should try to get the delivery guys to take it out for me! Are all RV doors the same size wise..do you know. What does your door measure...Height and Width??? Thanks again! ~Tricia
https://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com.
NWlambear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
NWlambear

UPDATE: The rv "solid as a rock" sofa is out!

We have our comfy LazyBoy reclyners in our house on wheels...YEAH!!!!! Want to thank all who sincerely tried to help with the removal...even you..."chainsaw guy" (lol). But just for future info to those who haven't removed one of those pathetic sofas....want to let you know that Brian(DH) one important thing while trying to remove the legs of the sofa. There was actually a way to remove the back separately from the seat portion. Yep...just like a LazyBoy chair....funny how simple it really was. And now we know!!!! Wanted to pass it on... till next time, Happy Trails to All.
https://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com.
NWlambear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:59 AM   #9
mikell

Yup the back comes off pretty easy ours wasn't attached when the unit arrived thats how I found out
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
Royal

Thumbs down Sofa Removal

We hava a 2011 318sab that has the same sleeper. My DW liked another style so the sofa had to be moved. What we did was remove the two drawers, unscrewed the front bun feet, unbolted the back from the base. Then we found two young bucks with good backs and took the pieces out the door. Not too bad of a job, just awkward.
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
hankaye

Howdy All;

If and when KS ever answers they will probably tell you it's placed inside before the walls go up...

I did actually take a chainsaw to a pesky sofa once. it was in a mobile home and the legs are what got chopped. The chipps vacuumed up nicely. Took awhile to get the smell of the exhust fumes out though...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote