Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
RonVal

Mounting 32" tv in bedroom

I have a new 2010 Copper Canyon 273fwret. It came with a mount for a 24" or smaller tv on the bedroom wall. I have a 32" tv that I want to put in there and wanted to see if anyone else has done this. I really am looking to see if anyone knows what kind of support is in the crosswalls of these campers. I will be pulling the tv down when moving the camper so thats not an issue.
RonVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Other than the aluminum studs, there isn't much in the way of extra support. Almost all of the interior walls are 1/8 in luan plywood. Is it possible to use the existing TV mount if the weight of the 32 in TV is not significantly heavier than the 24 in or does it require a different type of wall mount?
There have been numerous previous posts about mounting TV's so if you do a forum search, you should find some information which may be of help.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
RonVal

The 32" is well within the weight limits of the mount but wont fit it. I'll do some searching. Also thinking about a small shelf and using the stand but there isn't much room between the bed and the wall.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
mhs4771

With a 32" in the Bedroom, won't that be like sitting in the front row at the Theater or the front row at the Drive-in? Just a thought
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
RonVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
With a 32" in the Bedroom, won't that be like sitting in the front row at the Theater or the front row at the Drive-in? Just a thought
Not according to my wife. She likes big tv's!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
JerJan10

The 23" flat screen that we use in our home kitchen worked well in the 273FWRET bedroom wall. I had to use some small spacers when I fastened the mounting plate to the back of the tv and had to buy a power cord with a right-angle on the tv end.

As I remember, the 23" just barely fit with out touching the ceiling.

After doing all of that and "test" mounting the tv in the bedroom we never used it. It just seemed to big for the space, not so much the screen size but just the thing hanging on the wall.

Good luck with it!
JerJan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
Clemdog

Mono price.com sells a good selection of wall mount bracket adaptors that should allow you to mount the 32" TV on the existing smaller mount.
Clemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
RonVal

Thanks. I looked on there and it looks like they have something that will work. I've bought a bunch of cables from them and just didn't think about looking for mounts there.