Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
msp2jxr

Grey water Dump valve on 326MKS (just in front of tire)

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with a dump valve opening while the trailer is going down the road? I noticed my grey water valve pulls down towards the ground rather than the usual straight out and at me. Twice now I have gone to pull the grey water on my new trailer and the valve was slightly open letting some of the storage water through to the waste cap. I was wondering if the angle and weight of the handle would be enough for the valve to jiggle open from the vibrations of running down the road. Any thought suggestions or fixes?
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

While I have not experienced any problem with the valve opening while travelling, I have had a problem with both the rod and the handle on one of the grey tanks. In the first instance, when I pulled on the handle to open the valve, the handle came right off the aluminium rod. As it turned out, the threads were stripped and the handle needed replacing. In the second instance, the rod itself came out of the valve and I was left holding both the rod and the handle. Again, the rod had worked loose and needed to be re-threaded onto the valve. I applied some Lock-Tite and haven't hand a problem since. Since these incidents, I now pull on the handle very slowly and carefully.
I also installed a 4" sewer slide valve and the end of the sewer pipe so when you take the cap off, you need to pull another valve before anything will come out of the sewer line. Sort of a "safety feature" to prevent a sudden gush of $%^&*# if you forget to close off any of the valves to the tanks.
Both the rod and the rod handle are a bit on the shoddy side IMO.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
Jay Pat

I replaced the sewer cap with a cap that has a water hose connection /screw on hose cap. Before I take the large cap off, I undo the water cap first to see if there has been any leakage.
If I did find liquid, it would be a small surprise rather that a large surprise.
If I do find a leak, I hope it is grey water type.......
Pat
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
msp2jxr

Thanks for the replies... I am going to try it a few more times and see if continues to open since it is my grey water. If it does I guess I will rig a safety cord on it so it will not open. It all all enclosed and I would rather not get into that.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote