Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
CarolynR

Thumbs down New Alpine Stinks

My husband and I are pipeliners and live 365 days a year in our RV. In February 2013 we traded at 28 ft camper in for a 40ft 2013 Alpine RV in Cheyenne Wyoming at Adventure Rv. Went to Oklahoma to a job so we thought when we got there the job position was filled so we stayed there for a few weeks visiting family. While we were there and in the RV for a while we started noticing things that was not right with the RV. The panel for the holding tanks were hooked up wrong, the black water was one of the gray water tanks, one of the gray water tanks was hooked up to the fresh water gauge. So we didn't know if we had water or waste to drink so we just bought bottled water LOL. The kitchen sink faucet quit working and it was hot out so we knew it wasn't froze. If we didn't run the fireplace in cool nights there was no heat in the living room because the heat would not blow out of the vents. The wood looking trim by the sealing was falling off. When we was trying to close the drains the waste water valve would not close. The front hydraulic jack when they had pressure on them would pop so loud it sounded like the front was going to fall out from under us when we were sleeping. I was vacuuming the bedroom area and the carpet has a split in it by the heat vent all the way to the door. That is when we decided to go home to Burns Wyoming and call the RV sales place and get it fixed. Three weeks is all that we had it until we needed to take it in to get it fixed. When we took it in they were givin a list of thing that we found wrong and that needed to be fixed. Adventure RV in Cheyenne Wyoming said that it would only take no more then two weeks. So in the mean time we rented a really small pull camper from them so that we had a place to live until it was fixed. After the first two weeks went by we called them to see what was going on and they said they were still working on the holding tanks, that they had to drop them and fix what was wrong with the waste water valve. When that week was over we called them and they said they were still working on some of the other things on our list of things and that it should be done by the end of the month which a month so far is how long that they have had it. By the end of the month we went in and ask why it was taking so long and they said that they were waiting for the Keystone Manufacturer to call them back to see if some of the stuff would be coved under warranty and then they could go ahead and fix the rest of the things on our list. Finally one month and one week and we get a call that it was done. We go into get it and the front jacks that we told them was not holding pressure exploded they didn't even fix them so now they had to. LOL That took three more weeks they were having to work on other campers so ours was set outside with no heat and in March and April it is still cold here. A plastic piece behind the toilet froze and broke and they were not going to fix it until I flipped my top and told them if they were not so lazy and turned on the heat it would not have happened in the first place. will everything was supposedly fixed so we took it home. After we left to go to a new job we noticed that the water gauge in the camper still was not working and we still had no heat in the front room. The sink now freezes because there is no heat. The coat closed gets so hot that if you touched the zipper it burnt you. The canned food in the pantry area got so hot they exploded. The washer hose that is inside of the black tank would leak into the kitchen out for under the steps. Now a year later we are here in Anthony Kansas and the blank plastic that covers the holding tanks came undone and water started to pour out. Yesterday June 4, 2014 I spent all morning trying to find someone that could come and tell me where the water was coming from and everyone was to busy. In the mean time I was taking a shower and looked down on one of the corners of the shower and the base has a long crack just before the glass door. So I got so tired of trying to get Keystone to help up since we have had trouble with this RV since day one they would even return our called or email but one saying that our warranty has expired. Go figure. If I had it to do it all over again I would have never bought this RV because of the problems that we have had with it and also after reading some of the things that I read after we already bought the RV, and I would have went out of town to buy my RV because of the service that we got (didn't get) to get our RV fixed. So that we could get something done with the black plastic and water leak and we were rained out, we came home finish pulling the black plastic off and the water leak was coming from the gray tank where it looked like someone to a knife to it, so we had to find something to fix the crack there and in the shower. Because the insulation was wet and we didn't want mold we bought new insulation, some steel and put the black plastic back up under the RV. While we was doing that we had to get a new check value for the black tank washer which was cracked and when we were there we put the heater tubes back on the furnace that lead to the frontroom and the bathroom. Now all we have to do is wait for winter to see if that fixed our pantry and coat closet problem. All I have to say is DON'T BUY A KEYSTONE ALPINE.
CarolynR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Most of the members here are already owners of a Keystone RV and according to the polls, about 91% are happy with their RV. Many of your problems seem to be "dealer related" not "Keystone related" so not all the blame should be placed on the manufacturer.

Also, please note the "red disclaimer" at the bottom of every forum page. We are not associated with Keystone RV and they do not monitor or share membership here. If you want to get the attention of Keystone, you should contact them at their address in Goshen, IN.

It's unfortunate that you've had the problems you have had. There are numerous recent threads from new Alpine owners who are very happy with their purchase and they don't report any issues such as yours.

Hopefully, your recent repairs will have corrected your problems and you'll now enjoy your "problem resolved Alpine".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
bsmith0404

It's too bad that you are having the problems you are. As someone who lives in Cheyenne for several years and has owned several RVs I will say I have never purchased a unit from any of the local dealers, just wasn't impressed with them and something in my gut said go elsewhere. I see my gut was right. As for your Alpine, we had a couple minor issues that were all corrected quickly by our dealer (less than a week) and we love the camper and the quality. Good luck with yours and hope someday you enjoy it as much as we do ours.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
howard

Alpine service

I think JRTJH is probably correct about the dealer. We bought ours on the east coast and Cheyenne must be their second location! It was at the dealer for 40 days and 40 nights when we first got it. The dealer even said they "lost" it on their lot!
I wrote a letter to Thor (parent of Keystone) and immediately got a call from the President's office. They gave me the name of a different Keystone dealer and told me to take it there. I asked them if I could take it to a still different Keystone dealer and they told me "of course" and to give the dealer their phone number in IN if there were any issues. Everything was fixed quickly and our Alpine is great. We'll take it for its second trip to WY next month. I would not buy any RV from our original dealer, but would definitely buy another Alpine from a different dealer.
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
EVMIII

Sorry to hear about your problems, quality control in the RV industry doesn't seem to be as high as any of us would like. That said, I love my Alpine. We have only been out a couple times but it has been everything advertised. I expect minor issues, but so far so good. Good luck with resolution of your issues. Like others have mentioned, I think your dealer has let you down throughout this process. Stay safe.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote