Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
AlbertaRvMan

Disaster - Mouse Free spilled everywhere

Hello,

Just had a full bottle of mouse free spill all over. We are very worried that the product will cause damage to the surfaces / items it touched. The dealership said he would need to research the potential problems we may encounter due to this and asked us to call him tomorrow.

The next day I called the dealer, through there research and my wife's, it appears that the product is "100% natural essential oils" and should not damage the floor, walls, etc...

The dealer said they will be providing a new package of the product for me to apply (when we go back in 4 weeks to the storage facility for our first trip).

Now we are also more vulnerable to mice / rodents since we did not apply the mouse-free product. I did spread bags of fresh cab around the trailer.

I am reaching out to see if anyone has some feedback / issues we can expect as a result of this?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
BirchyBoy

Sounds like a mess. The dealer seems to have good people if they're replacing the product and reimbursing for the towels.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaRvMan View Post
I would expect them to replace this and cover any damage as they were the ones who had placed the product on the counter top, they were the ones who neglected to remove the product or place it in the storage bay upon the walk through completion as they secured the unit, locked doors, brought in slides.
I don't disagree with you. But, the dealer could have easily argued that you should have done a walk-through to ensure everything was properly stowed, buttoned down, attached, plugged in, etc. It seems like you're dealing with a stand-up dealership.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

My major concern would be with any stains or other damage that the "essential oils" might do to the carpets or other surfaces with which it came in contact. Just because it is "natural" that doesn't mean that it won't result in staining or some kind of mild corrosion.

Rather than getting too worked up about compensation for towels or the product itself, I'd keep a close eye on anything that the product touched to see if any damage has been caused by the spill.

In the final analysis, it was an "accident" rather than negligence on anyone's part. Someone forgot to put the bottle or can in a secure place so it wouldn't spill. If you start off blaming the dealership or the guy who did the walk-through, your relationship with the dealer is off to a bad start and they may not be too eager to help you out. I realize your frustration but getting into a confrontation with the dealer or their employees may not be the best way to start out.

Keep us informed how spill works out. Hopefully, your efforts to get it cleaned up right away will be all that was needed. Good luck.