Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
Heimtime21

13' Laredo 303TG Issues. Need advice!

Hello,

I purchased a 2013 Keystone Laredo 303TG in August of 2013 at Holman RV in Batavia, OH. Last year I encountered a list of minor to aggravating issues. I'll list some:

-Love seat in the bunkhouse a spring that was disconnected under frame.

-Love seat also had a broken arm rest on the "right arm side"

-The 50 amp outlet outside of camper where my 50 amp cord plugs in leaks into the inside of the camper while it rains. Only when cord is plugged in.

-No gas hose provided for grill

-My furnace would not work (bad gas relief valve)

-TV support was wobbly (took 2 trips to dealer to fix this....)

-Water leaking from fresh water tank where it connects to drain hose.

Last year I had to take my trailer to the dealer twice to get these issues resolved. I had to cancel just as many camping trips as we actually went on. Three. It would sit at the dealer for weeks. So....I was promised a new couch and the water leak had been repaired. I picked up my camper in early November from service. I had to get in between two snow storms. I was promised everything was okay. I parked the camper for the winter in storage. We had a rough winter so I never really got to double check any repairs until now.

The camper is set up in my driveway right now. It is raining and I STILL have a water leak when my cord is plugged in. ALSO, The spring on my love seat is fixed but the arm rest is still BROKE. I was promised a complete new couch. I don't think they even replaced it.

Please advise me on my next steps. I left the service director a message to call me this morning. I have 3 trips scheduled for the month of May and I'm still getting the "bring your camper in and we will look at it within two weeks from my service advisor. So again....I will be cancelling camping trips.

It is very frustrating to have paid 28K for something that has been in the shop more than I can use for camping. Not to mention the costs I'm racking up driving this unit back and forth 2 hours round trip to the dealer.

Is there any steps I can take to minimize the frustration I have and will encounter?

2013 Laredo 303Tg
2003 Avalanche 2500 8.1L

Heimtime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Brian -
As I understand it from reading your post, you have two issues that are still outstanding: (1) the love seat and (2) the leaking power cord connection. It appears as though the other problems with the furnace, TV support and the fresh water connection have been fixed.

First, if you haven't contacted Keystone about your problems, then I would suggest that you do this right away. A telephone call to their customer service department along with an email to that same department would be a good start.

Second, keep a written record of all communication that you have with both Keystone and the dealership.

With respect to the leaking power cord connection, it may be caused by a faulty seal around the connection. Sometimes the weight of the power cord pulls down on the connection causing the outer flange to separate from the body of the RV. It might be a simple matter of resealing the flange with some butyl tape. There should be a loose weatherproof locking ring that, when screwed on tightly, should make that part of the connection weatherproof. Do you have this ring tightened when your cord is plugged in?

If and when you take your unit back to the dealership, I'd advise him of my travel plans and let him know that you will be in on a certain day to pick up your repaired RV and that you expect the repairs to be completed by then. The leaking power cord problem should be able to be solved quickly - less than a day for sure.

If the dealership can't guarantee a couch replacement by that date, you could still use your RV to go on your trip and go back to the dealership when the new couch is ready to be installed.

If you are a Good Sam member, there is an "Action Line" that deals with issues like yours and often gets good results in resolving them. You might want to have a look at that and see if it an option for you.

Hopefully you will get these problems solved in a timely manner so that you can realize your travel plans. Keep in touch and let us know how things progress.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Bypass the service manager, talk to the dealership owner. Make sure that he understands your level of frustration, not just that you want to "pass pleasantries" with him.... As much as has been "done but not finished" on your RV, I'd think you deserve a priority place in line for service.... If, however, the service you've received so far is the "best they can offer", you might want to find someone else who can repair your RV for you, not just promise to get it done.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
Quad

Wow! This sounds like me for verbatim last year also when I bought my 2013 Laredo from them. Been there for a total of 12 weeks over two trips for repairs. List goes on and on. I just started fixing things myself as it was a better repair and my blood didn't boil from talking to them lol

2005 Silverado 2500HD D/A
2013 Laredo 321BH
Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
therink

Sorry to hear about your experience and issues. I know these things are under warranty, but if it were me, I would remove the power cord adapter and repair the leak myself. As said, it is likely a compromised seal or may just need to be resealed with caulk or butyl tape.
We probably have similar couches. The arm on my bunk room couch was loose. I was able to repair this my self by tightening the arm bolts.
I know the point is that you shouldn't have to do these as the dealer fell short. Bottom line these are likely simple items that you may be able to rectify yourself. Sometimes it simply is easier to fix minor things yourself than going through the hassle of hauling to the dealer. I also believe I take more care and do better quality work than most dealer techs.
Good luck.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
GaryWT

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would have them order the new couch if they said you would get one. Tell them when it comes in you will bring the trailer in and wait as they exchange the couch and fix the seal around the plug. Should not take more than an hour or two.

After out first year we had 2 minor issues, my deal had me send pictures and he ordered the parts. The parts are there and now we just need to get the trailer there one day now that the snow has melted.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
Heimtime21

Thank you all for the responses. I will contact Keystone. Steve, when you repaired your arm rest on your couch did you have to remove the fabric/leather? How difficult was that. My arm rest seems like a lot of pressure may have been put on it and it broke? Where it should be solid to support your arm it is soft in the middle.

2013 Laredo 303Tg
2003 Avalanche 2500 8.1L

Heimtime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimtime21 View Post
Thank you all for the responses. I will contact Keystone. Steve, when you repaired your arm rest on your couch did you have to remove the fabric/leather? How difficult was that. My arm rest seems like a lot of pressure may have been put on it and it broke? Where it should be solid to support your arm it is soft in the middle.
Brian
I can't quite remember exactly what I did but I think I was able to tighten the arms by opening the bed and tightening a couple bolts or screws. I didn't have to remove fabric or take it apart. I do recall it was no big deal to do. Hopefully, that is all that is wrong with yours .

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo, laredo 303tg, service issues, water leak