Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Sherwood

LED awning lights and toilet mods.

After looking around the local RV stores for LED awning lights and not wanting to pay $150 for them, I found these on Amazon for $34. Supplied links are below. So far, they work very well and are very bright. It comes with a multifunction remote but the distance on it isn't very well. Thats OK because I don't really use it that much. They blink, fade, strobe or stay constant. And they are multicolored. The supplied two sided tape really stinks so I purchased 3M double sided tape that works perfect for $7.58. I had originally bought the non-weatherproof version by accident and rather than sending it back, I decided to light up my outdoor kitchen especially the refrigerator since I really didn't like trying to get a beer in the dark not knowing what I'm grabbing. That also worked out really well. I just had to protect the strip right below the opening of the fridge so water didn't contact the exposed LED light strip and short it out.
Now for the toilet. We own a 2011 Cougar 31SQB with a Dometic toilet. When releasing the toilet flusher, it makes a loud bang or water hammer. And if pressed right, sounded like a jack hammer. Pretty annoying especially if someone used the bathroom in the middle of the night. After a little bit of research, I found the Sharkbite Water Hammer Arrestor from Amazon for $29.57. Goes on like a charm and works the same. Absolutely no noise anymore! Until the next time, Happy Camping! or winterization
LED Awning Lights
3M Double Sided Molding Tape
Sharkbite Water Hammer Arrestor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	4411   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1758.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	4413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1919[1].jpg
Views:	352
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	4414  
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
diugo
Permanent User Ban

Hehe, the title kinda suggested an LED toilet mod!
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Sherwood

Haha! That would be an interesting mod!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Lighting to go!!!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
brunocougar

DW likes the lights so she had me order some for a 5th wheel
Old 10-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Sherwood

Thats cool! Just remember about the tape. It wont last long if you don't buy better stuff. Let me know if I can be assistance to you. I also forgot to mention that I ran my power cord down my awning bracket and into my outside kitchen where there is two outlets. It was really convenient so I didn't have to cut into the trailer. And with that, I had to order this extension to reach. I forgot to mention that also. It was $4.57. Oh and make sure you buy from LEDwholesalers if you buy on Amazon. I have read there were a lot of problems with imitators out there. LEDwholesalers has the best rating and customer support I guess.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eric & Kim Sherwood
2011 Cougar 31SQB Travel Trailer, EZ-Flex
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L
Reese Straight Line Trunnion Bar w/Dual Cam Anti-Sway