Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Eerie glow

Hi all. I am sure many people have those absolutely wonderful LED strip lights under their recliners. Don't know how we have survived as a civilization all these years without them. A question to all who have them is if you ever noticed that in total darkness there is a slight glow from them. I have not checked where the wiring is bunched together near a sharp edge of a support rail and tightly wire tied. Being that the recliners are 110 volt I doubt a fuse would be in line but do suspect a faulty design in the light switch that lets a little voltage through creating the dim glow.
Once the back calms down I will slither under there and snip the ties to see if it is the way the wires are bundled and check for voltage while I am there. Wouldn't be bad if it was enough to act as a nite light but it is way too dim for that. Glad that it is just a silly thing and nothing important.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I believe that is just the glow from the residuals of the plutonium those strips have in them. Nothing to worry about unless you accidentally crack one of them. It's just natural...... Seriously I have no idea....just wanted to address the "eerie glow".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Maybe a ghost?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #4
Frank G

I have never seen a power recliner chair that did not have a vow voltage transformer connected to the 120VAC power cord. All the functions of the chair including the LED lights, are all low voltage devices. Most have a battery box for emergency exit in the event of a power loss. A word of caution, I may be wrong about this.

Chair mechanisms are made for world wide distribution, a simple change of the power cord and associated transformer adapts it to any power configuration, world wide.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #5
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Yes, they are low voltage after the transformer but that does not change anything. The question was whether anyone else has seen this on their units. Fairly simple question.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #6
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Yes, they are low voltage after the transformer but that does not change anything. The question was whether anyone else has seen this on their units. Fairly simple question.
No. .
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:14 AM   #7
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Battery box for an emergency exit due to a power outage. Emergency exit from a recliner? I may be on the old and lazy side but I can still get out of a chair if the power goes out.