Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2023, 07:07 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmusser View Post
We have a 2022 Cougar with solar. What equipment /devises can actually be run off the battery?
The first question would be, "WHICH solar" ?????

The 2022 Cougar was produced with the SolarFlex 200 as standard equipment.

There were two optional "solar packages" available from the factory. The SolarFlex 400i and the SolarFlex 600i-L

And then, your dealership (or a previous owner) could have installed equipment to augment whatever package the trailer came with from the factory...

So, without knowing "which package came with your trailer" there's no way to provide an accurate answer to your question.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 05:57 AM   #22
440scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

There were two optional "solar packages" available from the factory. The SolarFlex 400i and the SolarFlex 600i-L

And then, your dealership (or a previous owner) could have installed equipment to augment whatever package the trailer came with from the factory...

So, without knowing "which package came with your trailer" there's no way to provide an accurate answer to your question.
The OP states that the camper has the 400 watt factory solar package and 2 lithium batteries but after 30 hours of boondocking while running the 12 volt fridge and using a cpap machine at night, the batteries are depleted. I suspected something is wrong with the solar system. Its possible he was parked in partial shade but he doesn't say. If full sunshine and that solar system is operating correctly, it seems like the batteries should have lasted at least 3 days thats why I recommended he get a decent clampon a/c-d/c meter and start troubleshooting that solar system. Better to spend some money on a tool you will get many years of use from than having the camper parked at the dealer for several months waiting for service. Also, its been almost 2 weeks since we've heard from the OP.
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 09:16 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440scout View Post
The OP states that the camper has the 400 watt factory solar package and 2 lithium batteries but after 30 hours of boondocking while running the 12 volt fridge and using a cpap machine at night, the batteries are depleted. I suspected something is wrong with the solar system. Its possible he was parked in partial shade but he doesn't say. If full sunshine and that solar system is operating correctly, it seems like the batteries should have lasted at least 3 days thats why I recommended he get a decent clampon a/c-d/c meter and start troubleshooting that solar system. Better to spend some money on a tool you will get many years of use from than having the camper parked at the dealer for several months waiting for service. Also, its been almost 2 weeks since we've heard from the OP.
No, the OP is member BC88 and that is who you responded to. Then you quoted my response to a DIFFERENT MEMBER'S QUESTION. The OP's thread was "attached to" by a different member, bmusser, who posted: "We have a 2022 Cougar with solar. What equipment /devises can actually be run off the battery?"

My response to him (included as a quote in my post) has NOTHING to do with the OP's discussion of his SolarFlex 400i system.....

Two entirely different members asking two entirely different questions about their trailer solar systems..... That's why we "harp on members" to not pirate someone else's thread.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-17-2023, 10:03 AM   #24
bmusser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Solarflex 200
bmusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:31 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmusser View Post
Solarflex 200
With a SolarFlex 200 system, basically about all you can do is recharge the battery bank on your trailer and by recharging it, use the 12 volt battery to power the 12 volt systems in your trailer. The battery operates the lighting, the furnace, the refrigerator control board, the stereo and the water pump. Nearly everything else is 120 VAC (shore power required) as are the outlets in your trailer. They all require shore power (or an owner installed inverter) to operate.

Your "significant limitations" will be the size of your battery bank and the 200 watt (minimal wattage) roof panel which is barely adequate for recharging a small battery bank in "normal sunlight conditions"...

You can read about the SolarFlex 200 system here: https://www.keystonerv.com/solarflex-200-overview

The "what you can expect" section on that link will give you an overview of what Keystone intended the 200 system to be capable of providing.

Clicking on the links at that site will take you to upgrades for your system and some information on accessories that you can add to improve performance.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
power, solar