Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
idaloc

Umbilical cord rewire

Attempting to rewire the junction box after forgetting to unhook the cord before pulling away. Yeah, I know!!! I've tried searching similar topics numerous times and I still can't decipher what I need to do. I've tried contacting Keystone and they were pretty much zero help. Also tried the etrailer approach...no positive result. At this point I'm throwing in the towel and seeking much more experienced advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's where I'm at: I've replaced the box with a new one that has the 7 color-coded terminals. I have everything successfully rewired (or at least I think) except an unknown "orange" wire that is grouped in with the standard 7-wire set coming from the RV. I found this orange wire wire-nutted to one of the black wires coming from the emergency breakaway switch. Do these 2 wires, black and orange, connect to a post or two on the 7 color-coded posts in the junction box or do they remain separate from the 7 terminals? The other black wire from the emergency breakaway switch was wire-nutted to a blue wire and both of those I connected to the blue post that is for the electric brakes. Anyone know what the orange wire is? I read somewhere that it could be a refer or (tag) wire???

After thinking I had rewired everything correctly, I wanted to check the amp draw at the emergency breakaway switch after pulling the pin...2 axles...4 brakes...should have approximately 12amps. Nothing on either black wire. Could the breakaway switch be bad or is the orange and black wire the culprit? All of the lights work properly, just fyi.

Thanks in advance!
idaloc is offline   Reply With Quote