Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
SC GT Yellow Jacket

Question Relocate Lippert Leveling System Touch Panel

My 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLD has the Lippert Ground Control 3 Leveling System. The touch panel used for control is mounted on a panel at the left front of the trailer inside the small cargo compartment, just across from the water pump. The access door is very small and the compartment is small. It is extremely difficult to get a head and arm into the opening to use the touch panel.

I am looking to relocate the touch panel onto the access door, such that it will be on the outside when the door is opened. I will have to use a different cable to the touch panel unless I can get to the existing cable and remove it from its present position. There are cables available for purchase.

Has anyone relocated their touch panel? Did you have any issues? Does anyone see this as a problem? Thanks for your answers!
ToGo Roadlink C2
SC GT Yellow Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I would look at where the comm cable goes, there may be enough looped together and secured to a wall. We have moved a few.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:37 AM   #3
SC GT Yellow Jacket

Thanks for the reply. I always trust your input.

I have previously removed the front of the panel and saw that the cable quickly goes out of sight into an area behind the panel. Not sure where it goes from there, possibly down to below the floor and then across and back up to the electronics assembly. I may have to remove the coroplast to access it.

I am thinking I may just buy a new cable and leave the old one where is.
ToGo Roadlink C2
Old 04-27-2023, 11:05 AM   #4
dutchmensport

Before dismanteling and disconnecting wires, take lots and lots of photos of everything so you'll know how it goes back together again. After all those wires are removed, you memory will disconnect also.

Another tip in addition to the photos is to swap out only 1 wire at a time. When everything is connected with the new wires, then place the control panel in it's new location.

Your best future friend will be those photos.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:19 PM   #5
SC GT Yellow Jacket

Thanks for the response. The cable is 4 wires with special connectors on each end, plug and play. Pretty simple connection. Problem is getting to it. It is in a very cramped space, the exisiting cable is not visible, and I am a big guy. Poor design by Fleetwood on the panel placement.
ToGo Roadlink C2
Old 04-28-2023, 03:31 AM   #6
Maineiacs

I relocated mine from the interior compartment to the backside of the compartment door. When I lift my door up, the panel is right in my face. In my case the cable was long enough, just relocated some of the clips.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling