Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
bennydog

Vinyl floor floating

While on our great road trip which included a couple of (for us) really hot days. The outside temp gauge in the truck indicated around 97. We tended to travel from late morning, around 10 until 5ish in the afternoon. On two occasions after parking the trailer and opening the door to let the slide out I found the vinyl floor floating at the high point maybe and inch. It was like the air between the wood sub floor and the vinyl had heated up enough to raise the vinyl from the wood. I'm guessing that the vinyl is stapled around the edges and it now appears that there was no "glue" used to hold the vinyl to the wood. Any one else every had this experience or care to comment as to whether it should be looked at as an issue?

Thanks

Bob

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Flyguy

I have heard this story before on another forum, in that case the owner was traveling with a roof vent open and this was causing a low pressure in the trailer and since the flooring was installed by Keystone as you mentioned the flooring was pulled up slightly, I have not had this experience with my trailer but then I don't travel with any vents open. Many owners have installed the Max-air vent covers and this allows them to crack the vents open when they travel, I don't do this so I can't say if mine would do the same.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
bennydog

Interesting....I do have a max air vent and I travel with it open as I assumed that having it open would keep the trailer cooler. Next trip I'll try it closed and see if the floor behaves differently.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote