Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2023, 07:33 AM   #1
Lifelovers

Nervous Lady

New to rv living. I’m so ready to start this new life of serenity. But trying to get my 2005 Keystone Laredo 32 ft live in ready is making me nervous. I’m learning that there’s a lot of things I’ve got to know and learn. Anybody out there, women alone owners, have any advice for me?
Lifelovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:57 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelovers View Post
New to rv living. I’m so ready to start this new life of serenity. But trying to get my 2005 Keystone Laredo 32 ft live in ready is making me nervous. I’m learning that there’s a lot of things I’ve got to know and learn. Anybody out there, women alone owners, have any advice for me?
I'm not a woman but have owned rvs for 45+ years & although it's an enjoyable lifestyle I wouldn't call it necessarily sirene.
Owning a rv there's ALWAYS going to be something needed done, even if it's only dumping the tanks weekly, or as needed. Roof seal inspections & caulking. Propane tank refills. It's not park & done! Tools will be required!
Good luck & enjoy! Don't sweat the small stuff.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:03 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelovers View Post
Are permanently set up somewhere or do intend to tow it?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 12:26 PM   #4
dutchmensport

I agree with the above post. RV ownership is a constant challenge. The only serenity is in one's dreams. And sometimes, those dreams turn to nightmares. The RV life is very satisfying and very rewarding experience, don't get me wrong. But, it's not without it's challenges too. As you are discovering, there is a lot to learn. It's more than just hitting the road and landing anywhere. It takes money, time, effort, and careful planning and coordinating. Let's not even get into repairs and road side failures, campground disappointments, and aggressive road traffic than can be hair raising.

But, on the other side, the pleasures far out weigh the struggles, otherwise none of us would do it.

You will "get there" in time. It IS a life-time learning experience. Every day, you learn something else. Every campsite is different. Every mile driven is different, and everyone you meet when traveling is different and unique. It takes patients, tolerance, and decorum to get along with others, especially when they do not embrace this life style. Family may turn against you, call you crazy, and even shut you out. But, you also make new friends as you travel, and places like this forum are a great place and resource to help fill in some of those gaps.

To get a little closer to answering your initial question, I am not female but I can point you to a really great and wonderful women's RV group that has been around for quite a long time. My wife and I have run into a couple chapters of these ladies in different campgrounds over the years and they are a really fantastic group of people. Their moto: No men, No kids, No pets! It's all about women connecting with women. It's called "Sisters on the fly". They have chapters all across the USA, and are very active and very supporting of each other. They get together for camping events and really have a totally unique way of camping. Their campers are all adorned very "feminine" and some of them are absolutely amazing!

Here's a link to their web site: CClick Here. They do have an annual membership fee, it's for women only, and I think, if you connect with them, you'll have lots of support from women who are truly camping alone or with other women only. They are extremely friendly and absolutely love showing-off their campers if you ever run into any of them.

In my opinion, this group "Sisters on the fly" is top notch for women who camp alone or with other women only.

Check out nothing to loose. Everything to gain!
Old 06-03-2023, 01:04 PM   #5
notanlines

I believe they have dropped the “no pets” in their rules.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:34 AM   #6
spicercars

Good luck in your adventure. Welcome from northern MN.