Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2023, 06:47 AM   #21
notanlines

I believe you may be the only one here saying anything good about State Farm. (Six tickets in a year? Medical problems? Hmmmm)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:10 AM   #22
Neo1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I believe you may be the only one here saying anything good about State Farm. (Six tickets in a year? Medical problems? Hmmmm)

My family has been with them literally since they opened in the 1920's. Started with my great grandpa and everyone since has had nothing but good experiences, even covering some things they normally wouldn't, such as vehicle modifications, etc. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but our agent knows us very well. She's become a close family friend, more than an insurance agent.

2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
2022 Keystone Outback 291UBH
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:36 AM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
My family has been with them literally since they opened in the 1920's. Started with my great grandpa and everyone since has had nothing but good experiences, even covering some things they normally wouldn't, such as vehicle modifications, etc. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but our agent knows us very well. She's become a close family friend, more than an insurance agent.

Same here! We've been with them since right after we got married in '73.
I've tried numerous times to shop around for something cheaper comparing apples to apples & have found a couple that were........$2-5 less for a 6 month policy.
Actually did switch for a year with that one that has you in their hands & their hands in your wallet, boy what a way to handle paying customers. Our daughter had 2 very minor fender benders when she 1st started driving, that company paid out $1000+/- total for both, we immediately got a cancelation from them but they would be glad to have us back as high risk customers for 3 times the premium we were paying. Fortunately SF signed us back up right where we left off.
As you stated most every SF agent we've had was a friend & have went above & beyond. Have yet to find anything any better with someone you know that's nearby to talk to if needed. Not waiting on hold for hours to talk to someone clear across the country usually with such a strong accent I can't understand them.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:04 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
We have had a similar experience with State Farm for over 20 years now. Our agen has been a great asset and became a good friend. We've had a couple of claims and never a flinch.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:07 PM   #25
notanlines

Might I ask if State Farm agents have more friends than any one else? Seriously? Like dinner with them on Saturdays and bridge on Tuesdays? Darnedest occupation I ever heard of! ��
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 02:15 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Well, there's all kinds of stories about every insurance company out there. State Farm? Had them for decades and knew my agent but never "dinner buddies" (different people from time to time). Built a new home, got a new agent and he wanted to be friends. I stopped by from time to time to visit with him; he called me a few times. Had lots of common interests in CO, elk hunting etc. His son was in high school and I knew him as well. One evening about 9pm he showed up at my door (he had recently gotten a divorce - not a pretty one). Came in and we sat down to talk about stuff. Talked about an hour (DW left because she had a gut feeling something was u) then asked me for $15k! I asked why and he just said he was in a bind. I didn't know him THAT well so I declined. He later conned another person out of the money, did not pay and ended up in jail. I like Geico....they don't come see me and ask for money....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 02:17 PM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Might I ask if State Farm agents have more friends than any one else? Seriously? Like dinner with them on Saturdays and bridge on Tuesdays? Darnedest occupation I ever heard of! ��
I can only speak from personal experience. We became good friends with our agent when he got personaly involved helping us and my DW began talking with them about one of their daughters medical issues. With claims on vehicles, the house, the RV he's always been there for us.

Just before Christmas my DW had a flat tire on the F150. We have a towing policy and had a long wait and was charged a large towing bill that we were to submit for reimbursement. Our agent cut us a check and said don't worry about it as he would submit the claim. Then in February she had another tire fail. Called the roadside assistance and our agent to let him know we had another tow. I told him I was going to have it towed to NTB and have all the tires replaced. He called us back a few min. later and told us he had a tow on the way and he had the driver stop the office first and pick up a check so we didn't have to deal with it.

So I think we can call him a friend. No, we don't vacation together, but we have gone to several collegiant gymnastic events their DD has competed in. Friend is a term I rarely use to describe a relationship but it's well deserved in his & his family's case.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 06:56 PM   #28
wiredgeorge

A heartwarming story Marshall. Hope you didn't have Trailer King tires mounted on your F150...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, tow, towing