Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #21
Jmclain21917

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
may be a loose neutral wire ….for instance if you touch the pos lead of tester on the breaker hot wire and touch the other on the neutral buss and hit a loose wire for that breaker you may be pushing it tighter and voila you have a good hot and neutral connection now for that circuit..that would explain the spark also

make sure the breaker is snapped in tight also to the buss bar
I checked all the wires I did find a couple loose on the negative bus tightened everything replaced the breaker same results I am going to try and attach a photo so y’all can see what I mean red lead on breaker black lead on negative bus and I have power
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	43500  
Jmclain21917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 04:54 PM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclain21917 View Post
I checked all the wires I did find a couple loose on the negative bus tightened everything replaced the breaker same results I am going to try and attach a photo so y’all can see what I mean red lead on breaker black lead on negative bus and I have power
i think the black lead is not doing anything..i agree with bad breaker. i think pushing on the breaker terminal is making a connection inside the bad breaker by pressure… i think a reverse polarity issue would trip the pedestal breaker…so ruling that out…replace the breaker or swap it with another one of the same amperage inside the panel just to check it
Old 04-11-2023, 05:29 PM   #23
bobbecky

That bus bar is your ground bus, and should not be a current carrying bar. I see the black insulated wire and the bare portion attached to the bar appears to have been hot, the blackened copper wire. It really looks like things may have been wired incorrectly.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:42 PM   #24
Jmclain21917

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
That bus bar is your ground bus, and should not be a current carrying bar. I see the black insulated wire and the bare portion attached to the bar appears to have been hot, the blackened copper wire. It really looks like things may have been wired incorrectly.
The way it is wired is how it was when I purchased the trailer, everything was working properly until the battery ne night no changes the power went out , so I am at a complete loss
Old 04-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #25
Jmclain21917

Quote:
i think the black lead is not doing anything..i agree with bad breaker. i think pushing on the breaker terminal is making a connection inside the bad breaker by pressure… i think a reverse polarity issue would trip the pedestal breaker…so ruling that out…replace the breaker or swap it with another one of the same amperage inside the panel just to check it
If I take the he black lead off power goes out.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:48 PM   #26
Jmclain21917

Quote:
I don’t see a blackened copper wire.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:50 PM   #27
Jmclain21917

Quote:
I see it in the pic now, that’s a shadow none of the copper is blackened.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:51 PM   #28
jasin1

i’d call an electrician..i wouldn’t try and figure it out anymore…what you describe doesn’t really make sense… you shouldn’t be able to complete a circuit with the meter set on voltage or you would short out the meter when doing a voltage test (meaning that you would be sending 120 volts to ground if that were the case)
Old 04-11-2023, 05:54 PM   #29
Jmclain21917

Quote:
i’d call an electrician..i wouldn’t try and figure it out anymore…what you describe doesn’t really make sense… you shouldn’t be able to complete a circuit with the meter set on voltage or you would short out the meter when doing a voltage test
It makes no sense at all

Tags
electrical