Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
dalamarjj78

Troubleshooting a leaking bunk window

My trailer is still winterized so I went outside today to do my routine check-up and noticed a new issue.

The bottom corner of the window blind for one of my bunk windows is brown and discolored. I climbed up and took a closer look and it seems I have (another) leak. I pulled up the mattress and noticed slight water markings on the plywood underneath that indicates it's gotten wet.

I didn't notice anything with the window from the inside so went outside to take a look. The only thing I noticed is that part of the window trim seems a bit "off". I took a photo and marked it in red (attached). This is the same corner where the blind got wet.

I could really use an expert opinion - does this look like it could be the issue? If so, is it an easy repair?

Or should I suck it up and order a whole new window?

I'm not under warranty (the trailer's 3 years old) and will attempt this repair myself as I have no plans on leaving it to sit at the dealership all summer for repairs.

Any input and suggestions on other things to check would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WindowPic1.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	43327   Click image for larger version

Name:	WindowPic2_rev.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	43328  

2022 F350 XLT CCSB SRW 7.3L 4.30 Gears
2021 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite 273BHS