Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
cumminsdad08

rv sewer issues

Ok here is my issue. the guy before me must have filled off the fingers on my sewer pipe conection, so i can't hook up my pipe to drain it. of course i only figured this out when i had to dump the tanks. so i took it down to my dealer to get it fixed with a few other issues. they had it for 2 and half weeks. they went over my other issues, just barely took care of the problems as cheaply as they could( i wont go into it cause that it a whole other thread in another catagory). needless to say they never fixed my connecion fitting, which i think it is called the bayonet fitting. so i picked it up after hours, and i need it for this past weekend. now the problem that i have is, i have found replacement parts for the whole area back there for under 40 bucks. i have already spent over 50 bucks in fuel taking it to the dealer to get worked on. i have decided that it is not worth it in fuel, or the agravation to go back to have them "fix" it for me.

so the reason i started this story is. i think i can fix this my self pretty easy, i hope. i am just looking for alittle advice. i found this fitting on-line and i am not positive that it is what i need to get the job done. any help is well welcomed. \

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...029%252d2.html
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Ron

rv sewer

hi cumminsdad08......the fitting that you show connects to 3" abs pipe if you don't have enought pipe sitcking out of the valve to glue the new fitting to the 3" stub, you can use a hack saw and split the fitting in 2 locations, then peel it off the pipe ( old plumbers trick ) first cut the old fitting as close as you can to the 3" nipple on the valve, makes it alot easier to peel off then. good luck and have a great summer....................ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

cumminsdad08, ... Ditto on what Ron said .... also if you can find an ABS bayonet to bayonet angle fitting it can be glued to your stripped fitting without any cutting ... just a good cleaning. Good luck and keep us posted, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
cumminsdad08

great!! i have plenty of pipe sticking out, and they are filed down pretty flat. but is there a perticular reason you would use an angled fitting instead of what i posted up? if so let me know. my axles were fliped on it by the previous owner, so clearence isn't an issue with it.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

I suggested angled for clearance but if you have room for straight that's good. I'm not sure if what you show will fit without cutting back to 3" pipe .... that is why I suggested a female bayonet to male bayonet adapter glued to your old male bayonet outlet.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
cumminsdad08

um, i never measuerd my pipe, but i figured that it was already a 3 inch diameter pipe. are they more where the sewer pipe comes out, where you would normally hook up.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix