Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2019, 04:35 AM   #1
DblJJ

Trailer balance

Will removing the couch and dinette from the slide and not replacing with comparable weight items negatively affect the balance of the 29' trailer?
DblJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Removing approximately 300 pounds from one side of the trailer will affect the balance, probably not "negatively" as you imagine. I'd suspect that you won't leave that area completely empty, so whatever you do store/put there will make that "imbalance" less significant.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #3
travelin texans

I seriously doubt the manufacturers gave "balance" one bit of forethought when designing & throwing them together!!
My last 2 5ers had the kitchen, pantries, all cabinets with solid surface or quartz counter tops & entertainment one the same slide with 2 recliners & dining table on the opposing slide with no apparent adverse affects I ever noticed.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblJJ View Post
Will removing the couch and dinette from the slide and not replacing with comparable weight items negatively affect the balance of the 29' trailer?
I don't think you're going to find a RV trailer manufacturer or any of their retailers that will give you trailer balancing info. In fact, RV trailers are not even required to be weighed when they leave the factory. Supposedly, every bit of material was accounted for by weight in the computer model.

All the trailer weight is certified on the day an owner accepts it. Where that weight rests is not a requirement. As an owner you are now 100% responsible for the trailer's weight and balance. It's very important to do a weight check at some scales. Check total weight, individual axle weights - while hooked to the TV - and individual tire weights. If any of those weights are considered abnormal, movement of cargo will be required to even out the weight across the axles.

Chapter #4 in the reference provides all the information needed to complete a weight check of your trailer on some scales.

https://www.ustires.org/sites/defaul...TruckTires.pdf
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote