Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Archergodwin

Security lights come on by themselves...

Hey folks, searched the board here and did not find anything related to this item/issue.

I have come home several times (full timer) to find my security light by my front door on.

Is this a motion detector light.... or anybody know what sets this off? I have to use the remote to shut it off.

Thanks for any info
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
crash

Sorry cannt help you with that one,we have never run across nothing like that before.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
rjsurfer

Animals.....

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
raytronx

I've had mine on for no reason a couple times and had to use the remote to turn it off the manual switch wouldn't work. This means the remote would have to had turned it on.

My theory is because it's a wireless signal, something in the area fluked out and sent just the right signal and fooled the wireless controller into activating the security light. There are so many wireless type signals everywhere nowadays.

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
webslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytronx View Post
I've had mine on for no reason a couple times and had to use the remote to turn it off the manual switch wouldn't work. This means the remote would have to had turned it on.

My theory is because it's a wireless signal, something in the area fluked out and sent just the right signal and fooled the wireless controller into activating the security light. There are so many wireless type signals everywhere nowadays.
X2

To my knowledge, unless you have had a replacement light installed, none of the lights on your trailer would be motion sensing...

The way the Keystone remote is wired (after the battery, but, before the battery disconnect), anything turned on by the remote has to be turned off by the remote. Either your remote or an errant signal from another device is causing the light to come on. Could be several things; somebody has a remote similar to yours and your unit is receiving the signal (unlikely), there is interference from another transmitting device (non-remote but a similar signal, also, IMHO, a slim chance), accidentally triggering the remote and you didn't notice, or perhaps, even a weak battery in the remote itself (they eventually draw down from being in standby) is causing the unit to trigger (my most likely cause). My first action would be to put a new battery in your remote to eliminate the simplest possibility.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
chain_dogg

Maybe someone else's remote is turning your light on / off
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote