Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
Snowball

All, another great place to go if you have access to military campgrounds and are on the west coast is Point Mugu. The rv park is right next to the beach. The photo I have from the inside of our 32FLS at the beginning of this thread was taken there. :-)

BTW, we are looking forward to picking up our "baby" from the service department tomorrow. Had the roof issue fixed (including the slide), the black wheel covers replaced (slight cracking of the covers by one of the screws), and the "recall" taken care of. All were covered under the warranty. :-)
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
Snowball

Gyrene4life,
We are on the west coast so we don't have to deal with too much rain or humidity. How has the Vantage done with that on the east coast?
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
Gyrene4Life

We haven't had any issues with moisture of any kind yet. We keep a lot of air moving in the trailer so moisture never has a chance to build up.

Outside, I keep a good coat of wax on the fiberglass to help protect it.

Nothing crazy, but time will tell.

Retired Marine
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC, 3.73 Rear, Firestone Ride Rite Suspension.
2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
ProPride 3P
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch
Gyrene4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #24
Lumberwagon

Vantage 29RLS Lovin It!

Again, like many of you, perhaps salivating for an Airstream, made the plunge and got the next best thing. I refer to it as our "Faux Airstream", our 2013 Vantage 29RLS has everything two people could want, easy towing, plenty of storage, high ceilings, 2 foot slide-out, tasteful interior (Azure). Just still can't believe what I smokin deal we got, so much trailer for the money. We went to the RV show in KC after purchasing and couldn't find any other trailer, except for Airstream that even came close to the specs. Although the Airstream cost 4x what we paid... It's even towable with my 96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. Looking forward to many more years of fun with this rig!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
rschad

I am amazed that you can pull it with your roadmaster. I pull mine with a 2010 ford expedition with towing capacity of 9,200 which gives me lots of room for loading the trailer full of stuff.

I agree the 29rls tows very well. I really have enjoyed ours and even in cross winds it does very well.

We love our 29rls too.

Enjoy.
rschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
floatflyer

There is a new Vantage owners social group under the "community" button. I encourage Vantage owners to join. With this new model sharing info and experiences is helpful.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #27
cars7070

We just picked up our 2013 32res one week ago at camping World in Chicago.....with a little research I found out that this camper is only 1 of 1 ever built.....Three slides and high off the ground it was a 2014 prototype this thing is unreal, no specs found nothing found... to view it look at the camping world site in Chicago they still have the listing posted with pictures....best of all I bought it almost 50% off msrp !
cars7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #28
wincrasher

Just looked at the Camping World site you referenced.

That is an interesting trailer - looks to me like they were trying to change the Vantage into something a bit more "mainstream" yet retain some of the flavor of it.

Looks like the suspension and frame is all different. Note how it sits much higher than the other Vantage models. Not sure if this will tow as nicely.

I'd be interested to know how much this weighs.

Looks spacious though. Hope you enjoy it.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

That is a very unique floorplan. Certainly not like anything Keystone displays on the Vantage website.

For anyone unable to find the Chicago CW page with this RV, It is here:
http://www.campingworldofchicago.com...vantage/232241

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #30
wincrasher

I'd say it looks very much like the Outback 298RE floorplan wise
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
cars7070

Well we pulled it from Chicago to Princeton Illinois pulled great was using 2012 f150 HD with only sway control...It is a lot taller than the other vantage rvs's we looked at and we still don.t know how much it weighs feels like 7k or more let you know more SEE YA IN BRISTOL TN....
cars7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #32
contc019

No Issues Yet

We've got a 32FLS that has been trouble free so far, but we've only had it out on a couple trips. We selected the vantage based on it's better build quality than a typical travel trailer, so we got what we expected: a couple notches up on the attention to detail, but not Airstream levels of fit & finish. Good value, considering that a comparable Airstream is more than twice as much...but not twice as nice. We'll see how it does in the long run, but in my experience the risk of the worst typical trailer complaints (leaking roofs and interior trim problems) should be addressed by the Vantage's body design.

It tows fantastic behind our 2500 Suburban with no sway--no doubt the benefit of having the axles farther back. We knew we wanted a higher tongue weight, with a low Airstream-like profile.

A couple items I would like to have seen done a little nicer:
(1) The underbelly pans--they are rather haphazardly screwed in place and are gapped here and there.
(2) The slideout perimeter trim (outside) is gapped like an inch to the exterior wall at the corners. Keystone took the "good enough" approach on that one. But these certainly aren't show stoppers.
contc019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #33
vantage32fls

we got ours on 4/13/13 had the same issues on the roof fixed, the black water flush was plugged with plastic shavings from factory. We live in SW Washington and have made six trips so far from Puget Sound, Central Oregon and California with no problems towing, we have 12,000 WDH with dual sway controls love the inside space the outside storage works well for us as well. Just need to watch for any steep drives as the rear jacks may drag.

Tom & Sue
Keystone Vantage 32fls
2019 RAM CC 8' bed SRW 4x4 6.7 HO w/Aisin
15k Curt Tru-Trac Trunnion
vantage32fls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #34
irvirv

Vantage 32FLS rear connection

I looked around for a Vantage section on this site and not seeing one. Figured I'd post a question here as I'm assuming prior posters are following this thread. I just bought a Vantage 32FLS and I've never owned a TT before. Does anyone here know what that flex hose connection just below the power hookup at port rear is for? Thank you!
irvirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #35
brenkco

Flex hose

Irvirv,
Not sure if you are looking at the BBQ gas line. If so, it should have a quick disconnect. Perhaps you can attach a photo if it's not what I'm thinking.

BTW, there is a small group of us. Look on the Community pull down menu, choose "Social groups", search "Vantage" and you will find it.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #36
irvirv

flex hose

Thank you! I'll take a photo of it tonight. I don't believe it's gas. It has its own locking flap and is directly below the 30amp hookup. There's sort of a pullout plastic hose that's loose in there like it's supposed to extend or something. I'll take a photo shortly.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #37
irvirv

photos

Here are the photos. Thank you!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #38
frano

That's your fresh water fill. If you put a garden hose in that opening, it will fill the fresh water tank with water. You can also fill the fresh water tank by hooking your water supply to the connection in the service panel to the left of your water fill and then switch the water fill valve to the on position.
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #39
irvirv

Thank you!

Thank you for the info! I was really confused since there's a valve in the main panel with a lever that appeared to go back and forth between supply and fill. It's weird that water started to come out of the connection pictured when I was trying to hookup the main water supply in the main panel. I'm thinking I was filling the tank instead and over-filled it. Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #40
brenkco

Caution using the power fill

Irvirv,

Yes, that is what should happen! Just a note of caution using the power fill in the convenience center. Make sure and open the cap that you can stick your hose in while filling. The overflow that you can see next to the fill cap isn't big enough to take much pressure or flow.

I know someone who had the tank expand, damaging the floor as well as the tank. Opening the hose cap will prevent damage and give you a clear indicator when full....it will start running out!

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
32fls, keystone, vantage