Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Dwighop

Bedroom tv mount 27sab

I want to mount a tv in the bedroom of our 27sab. There is a sticker tat says mount here but I don't know how big that area is for mounting. Any help? Just the size of the sticker?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
basehorhawk

We just put up a mount last week in our 27SAB and the mounting area was pretty much limited to the area behind the sticker.
basehorhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
CampJKL

You are lucky, mine had a cable connection and electrical outlet but they forgot to put a mounting sticker! Rather than guess, I had my dealer install the mount. We just put a 17" flat screen up and it's fine.
CampJKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Comptech

I found a very solid wood beam in the bedroom on the wall designed for TV mounting. It wasn't hard to find. I sank three large long wood screws that came with the mounting kit. It is not coming down, It was almost center on the wall. I think you could use a stud finder too if you really wanted to.

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
adVentureMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwighop View Post
I want to mount a tv in the bedroom of our 27sab. There is a sticker tat says mount here but I don't know how big that area is for mounting. Any help? Just the size of the sticker?
I have a 327RES, not sure if the bedroom is the same. I got a TV wall mount from Walmart Online, it was $29 and I think the model is "ready, set, mount". I mounted that to the upper right side of the three-drawer bureau in the BR. I mounted it there as it was easier for me to see than trying to mount it on the wall. The TV I selected is a 19 inch LCD "Septre" brand also from Walmart Online.

I got a 1x2x12 inch piece of red oak and glued that to the back of the cabinet. That provides more support than I need for the TV and its mount. BTW, the mount is "ez off" so I can store the tv off the cabinet for when we're traveling.

Bolts are not the ones I ended up using. These were 3 inch, I ended up swapping them for 2.5 inch to have less excess bolt inside the cabinet.

Here are the photos (sorry they are so large.....still getting used to my new Photobucket account and posting here....):

"Nuestra casa con buena vistas"

Need Checklists?
adVentureMan is offline   Reply With Quote