Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2021, 11:48 AM   #21
Paul Cartland

Thanks, Marine. Any idea what the adapter does? I went to the link but it doesn't appear to be for sale.

OBTW I'm retired Navy. My best friend is a retired Marine.
pulled with a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
Paul Cartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:21 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cartland View Post
Thanks, Marine. Any idea what the adapter does? I went to the link but it doesn't appear to be for sale.

OBTW I'm retired Navy. My best friend is a retired Marine.
You have to click on "see all buying options". It's $19.99
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #23
K and D

Count me in....

I just took delivery of a 21 Silverado LTZ with max tow package, towing mirrors and low and behold, I had the same problem. Checked this forum for great information then after ordering the PWMBUT looked into ASA. Didn't know they make so much RV and marine electronics including, Jensen, In Command, Voyager cameras and other marine electronics.

I also used 2.5 MM connector plugs to ensure portability so it was a bit of a challenge to get the wires back in to the housing, but it worked flawlessly. Not sure why this is such a difficult fix.... Could Furrion be over engineering with their $85 camera system 7 way adapter cable with power switch?

I do know I missed my observation camera even with the towing mirrors on our first trip with the vehicle, so I appreciate all of those who posted ahead of me with great info....

thank you all!
Crew Cab 4 x 4 Short Bed

K and D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #24
RVGator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine9007 View Post
You will need this adapter for the camera to work properly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was confirmed personally after speaking to the lead GM engineer for the wiring. It worked for me.
Where does this little wire harness go?
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:30 AM   #25
K and D

The harness is installed in the camera bracket mounted on the back of the RV. The picture shows the 2.5 mm plug connecting the camera to the RV power source. You may cut the plugs and hardwire, or add plugs to the PWMBUT camera harness.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Furrion Bracket.pdf (75.1 KB, 1209 views)
Crew Cab 4 x 4 Short Bed

Old 10-04-2021, 05:30 AM   #26
Chriskovo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Did furrion tell you they have an adapter that will strengthen the signal that you can buy. I had to get one for my truck because I had the same problem. Also you have to have your headlights on when using the camera. Not on auto but on to where when not in use you have to turn them off.
Hello,
Do you happen to know or can take a picture of the adapter you purchased to strengthen then signal? I am having the same exact issue with my new 2021 GMC Sierra
Chriskovo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:34 AM   #27
Chriskovo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
They have an adapter it plugs into your truck 7 way plug then your 7 way for the camper plugs into it. I had to purchase one for mine.
Could you elaborate on which adapter you purchased? I’m having the same issue
Old 10-04-2021, 06:24 AM   #28
K and D

furrion fix for 21 GM trucks

Here is the link to purchase through amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ASA-Electroni.../dp/B07ZQQ94VK

Under purchasing options you select ASA mobile electronics (which I believe is Jensen). it should be less than $20.00
Crew Cab 4 x 4 Short Bed

Old 10-04-2021, 06:36 AM   #29
Chriskovo3

I’m looking for a adapter plug, not a harness. I’m not looking to cut / splice wiring together. I need a fix for not just the rear camera but for the side lights as well
Old 10-04-2021, 06:49 AM   #30
K and D

Understood.
I have read that Furrion made a 7 way adapter for the back of the TV which worked until this year when apparently GM changed specs again.

this was the unit.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...xoCCQgQAvD_BwE

I might suggest reaching out to e-trailer to see if this unit will work with your 21.
Crew Cab 4 x 4 Short Bed

Old 12-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #31
AsiaJ

Couldn't you install a jumper

I am in the process of buying a Keystone 330BHS. I have a 2020 GMC, which I am going to assume has the low output voltage that results in the Furrion back up camera not working. Maybe a dumb question, but if the voltage is too low from the marker lights, couldn't you just lift the lead on the trailer for the marker lights and install a jumper from 12V battery charger to the terminal for the marker lights? This would supply 12V from the truck battery to the marker lights at all times, right? It would also work whether or not you have turned on your lights.
AsiaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaJ View Post
I am in the process of buying a Keystone 330BHS. I have a 2020 GMC, which I am going to assume has the low output voltage that results in the Furrion back up camera not working. Maybe a dumb question, but if the voltage is too low from the marker lights, couldn't you just lift the lead on the trailer for the marker lights and install a jumper from 12V battery charger to the terminal for the marker lights? This would supply 12V from the truck battery to the marker lights at all times, right? It would also work whether or not you have turned on your lights.
Why would you assume this if don't even have the unit yet?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #33
Chriskovo3

Furrion now has a new adapter that will work on the 2021 GMC’s. My Jayco dealer was able to get me one and the cameras now work
Old 12-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #34
AsiaJ

Just based on the threads I have read so far. I would rather prepare in advance than be surprised when I show up and the cameras will not work.

...and I can build a jumper for about $.50. The Furrion adaptor is around $100.
AsiaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #35
Chriskovo3

Talk with your dealer. They can get you the adaptor from Furrion. It’s $120
Old 12-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #36
RVGator

I had the same problem with my 2021 Sierra when hooked up to my 2019 Bullet. With my 2022 Avalanche that came “pre-wired” for the backup camera its a whole different story. When I took the plastic cap off the pre-wire area I was met with a loop of wire vs the end of the wire. After a few hours of pulling trying to find an end without ripping the whole damn wire out I decided just to cut it and see which end was the “hot” end. So I cut the wire and hooked the camera up to the hot end and functioning camera even without the Amazon wire harness that a user suggested. The reason is that it is hooked directly up to the 12v system and now the camera is on all the time. I like it because I don’t have to turn my lights on to get the camera to work as I did before and I leave my camper plugged in all the time so i don’t have to worry about battery draw. Now for the downside…when I cut the wire I didn’t realize that it actually was a loop that ran lights in the bunkhouse and rear storage. In fact I didn’t even think about it until I took the unit back to the dealer because of the lights not working. When I picked it up the technician was marveling at how the factory didn’t run power to these particular lights and he had to take the bunkhouse apart to run new wires to them. After he was talking about it it sparked in my head that cutting that wire for the camera was probably the culprit. I didn’t tell him that as I didn’t want to ruin his day and all the hard work he had just put in. So now I have a working camera, working lights and all is well. I don’t know if anyone else has run into the same situation as I have heard most people find a terminated end wire behind that little cap for the pre wired camera. Must have been a Monday or Friday at the factory for mine. Long story short check what you get on your new order before you order a $120 adaptor. You never know what you will get from the factory.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:28 AM   #37
Marinerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGator View Post
With my 2022 Avalanche that came “pre-wired” for the backup camera its a whole different story. When I took the plastic cap off the pre-wire area I was met with a loop of wire vs the end of the wire. … I don’t know if anyone else has run into the same situation as I have heard most people find a terminated end wire behind that little cap for the pre wired camera.
My 2022 26RBS likewise had the little plastic cap and a loop of wire. Mine was a loop of wire for my marker lights. I spliced the Furrion plug into the loop to maintain marker light function and provide power to the camera.
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 01:10 PM   #38
EHT63

Furrion Adapter for 2021 GMC

Does anyone have the part number for the adapter? There are several available and they don't all work on the 2021 GMC's.
EHT63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:19 AM   #39
Winnie2020

I wish I'd stumbled across this thread before I bought that camera system for my 287 QBS that came prewired for the Furrion camera system. I'm using a 2022 Chevy 2500 HD as the tow vehicle and when I emailed Furrion support, I received the following response,

"Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Furrion Customer Support.

The adapter will not fix the current issues.

We have a new adapter in development, but we do not have an ETA on production. We have a prototype that was tested and works, but we are looking for a company that has the capability to produce it. You will be notified as soon as it is ready.

An immediate fix is to have the camera system powered directly from the RV battery.

Thank you and have a blessed day,"

Needless to say, I returned the camera to the retailer.
Winnie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #40
Eddie m

2022 Silverado

I have a 2022 chevy and installed a furrion camera with the f2bc004xxbk adapter to give proper voltage to the camera. Everything works but i get a trailer running lights error does anybody else get the problem or error
Eddie m is offline   Reply With Quote