Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
Stacyismetoo

Hello from Pahrump NV

Hi! I just purchased a keystone travel trailer. We had owned a forest river for 5 years and I miss it now as I never had any issues with it in the 5 years we owned it. Now I have this 2021 keystone travel trailer and have had to fix a few issues already. I guess welcome to the world of keystone
Stacyismetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
Sarge2

Welcome to the Forum...
Seriously my 2020 Passport has given me no real issues other than what was induced by the Selling Dealer when I had them winterize it while it was still in warranty... they botched it and caused a myriad of broken items including the water pump, fittlings and lines... all of which were fixed on their dime not under warranty.
Sorry you are having issues with the new rig, but from what I have read, seems that there is no manufacturer out there that is Void of issues.
Hope you enjoy the trailer as much as we are enjoying ours...
Sarge
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
Stacyismetoo

Thanks! I hope to enjoy it soon. Most items have been cosmetic but now I have a blown fuse. Trying to get the panel list from Keystone as mine came blank. Everything works but there is a red LED illuminated on the panel to tell me one is blown… so a list would be nice so I have a starting place…
Old 07-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
Sarge2

If you put the make and model of your trailer into the user Cp as a signature it will help the other members to maybe get you some info as to what fuse is for what.. just a suggestion to make it easy... also if you google keystone fuse panel you'll get a number of photos of different ones.. might find the one you have as well...
Old 07-01-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyismetoo View Post
Hi! I just purchased a keystone travel trailer. We had owned a forest river for 5 years and I miss it now as I never had any issues with it in the 5 years we owned it. Now I have this 2021 keystone travel trailer and have had to fix a few issues already. I guess welcome to the world of keystone

Welcome to the forum! As far as Keystone and Forest River; it's a crap shoot on what you get when you buy a new one. Talked little brother into RVing, bought a new FR 5th wheel and after so many issues before his warranty ran out he sold the trailer, his new King Ranch HD truck and said he didn't want anything to do with RVs....so, it's the luck of the draw.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:48 AM   #6
Stacyismetoo

Thanks, I’ll see where to find and update that…I called keystone and found out that while they have a “standardized” wiring system, no two units are then run to the exact same fuse location so they have no idea what fuse goes where… but I ran through my outdoor systems and found my awing makes noise when I press the button but doesn’t roll out so my guess is something with the awing. And the button in the panel has popped out so bad connection at the power button??
Old 07-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyismetoo View Post
Thanks, I’ll see where to find and update that…I called keystone and found out that while they have a “standardized” wiring system, no two units are then run to the exact same fuse location so they have no idea what fuse goes where… but I ran through my outdoor systems and found my awing makes noise when I press the button but doesn’t roll out so my guess is something with the awing. And the button in the panel has popped out so bad connection at the power button??
Are you making sure you are extending the awning and not trying to retract a fully closed awning?
Old 07-02-2021, 08:05 PM   #8
Gary R.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hope you get that awning issue fixed.

Have fun and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #9
Stacyismetoo

Thanks! The awning was just getting stuck after opening about an inch … not the fuse…Due to the extreme heat (102-105), then we had a bit of rain…it was I guess sticking to itself and needed just a bit of help to unroll. My husband and I were able to get it to go.
RV’er since 2000!
Old 07-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #10
Sarge2

Great that you found the issue... Yeah I'm sure the heat is creating a myriad of issues... Hope everything else goes good!