Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

For me the smell is one factor, the other major factor is the convenience of reducing the possability of cross contamination. I wear disposable gloves when I dump the tanks. I then place the hose back in the carrier tube. Remove and dispose gloves, wash hands and drive off.

Many times I've been behind someone at the dump station, or witnesses a neighbor drop a container on the ground near the discharge hose and remove the cover and trow it on the ground. Remove hose, wrestle the hose back in the container and close the lid. They never wash off the container before placing it back in storage compartment. I'm not a germaphobe but I don’t like playing the odds with that scenario.

To each their own.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #22
RickV

I need to carry 3 hoses and a "Y' adapter because I have two drain points. The new 5ver came with one short hose holder mounted parallel I can get one 10' hose in it. I had taken the Super Slider adjustable 50"-100" one I had on the old 5ver off before I traded it in, it can hold two 10' hoses and I prefer the way the door latches vs the twist off one. I have it mounted from one side of the frame to the other.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #23
Life-in-Him

Anybody spray chlorine on their couplings & storage items regularly?

Curious as to any damage to seals, pipes etc with these underbelly tubes?
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:51 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Depending on the solution strength, Clorox will dry the plastic, make it brittle and shorten the sewer hose life, sometimes dramatically. Besides, even "sanitized" who wants to be near the "dripping sewer hose" as it comes out of the storage container?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #25
travelin texans

I used Lysol concentrate mixed in a spray bottle, it smelled better than Clorox & didn't harm my clothes or anything else it sprayed onto.
I sprayed the park water spigot before connecting to it & sprayed my water fittings before storing.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:04 AM   #26
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew999999 View Post
I've always kept my hoses in a storage bin, but wanted to reclaim some space for other things I really don't need. Out of all of the 'hook up' items I have, the sewer hoses are the most bulky items, so moving them out seemed like a good idea for my use case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The one thing that I will never bring into the camper is the sewer hose,. Doesn't matter if it's in a storage bin, in a bag, or anything else. And yes, I consider all the storage space within the 4 exterior walls of the camper as being inside the camper. I maybe overly cautious but I don't care to test our immune systems. Just my opinion.
I have a good immune system, but also don't like having any of the sewer system inside the 5er. I have the 5" fence post, and it ALL goes in there hose and fittings.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, sewer