Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #21
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Subaru tow,,, LOL! You tow that behind a small class C not the other way...
Tried that and failed. Their CVT certainly doesn't like wheels on the ground.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #22
Wohnmobil

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
I can only have a max of 500# on my tow vehicle's tongue weight. I was wondering if anyone has tried to swap out the metal propane tanks for composite and the regular battery for lithium to lighted up the hitch weight.
I figured replacing two tanks and the battery would save over 100#s.
First off it looks like Scubaman has ghosted his post. But, just in case you are still reading the responses, which are spot on, here’s my story.

I had the exact same TT and towed it with a 2019 Tundra with a 5.7l gas engine. I had weight distribution bars and it towed great on flat and semi hilly roads, but was a dog going over the passes or mountains. Every time a semi-truck would pass me the wind buffeting would push me around.

Rethink your tow vehicle. The Subaru is not meant to be towing anything bigger than a small utility trailer.

2020 Chevrolet 2500HD LT/Z71 4X4 6.6L Gasser CC
2021 Cougar Half-Ton 22RDS
Husky CenterLine TS
Old 12-21-2020, 10:36 AM   #23
blubuckaroo
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wohnmobil View Post
First off it looks like Scubaman has ghosted his post. But, just in case you are still reading the responses, which are spot on, here’s my story.
I can't say I blame Scubaman.
Even though some attempts were made to answer his question, there were at least eight other posts recommending a more capable tow vehicle.
Sure, a warning was warranted, but a couple posts on that should have been enough.
I think some on this site just want to hear themselves talk.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

O.P. Did start another thread about a different trailer. We last logged in on 12/15. He may have all the information he needs.

If you look, you’ll find the same response “advise” , “fix” posted more than once by more than one member. It may be because members respond at the same time, it may be that they didn’t read all the responses before posting. There may be those that “just like to hear themselves talk” it’s probably no different on any other social media site.

With that said this thread is closed

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Closed Thread

Tags
light